New Bike Yippeeeee!!

The Things We Ride
Nickw909

Re: New Bike Yippeeeee!!

Post by Nickw909 »

reedro72 wrote:Hi mate , are the wheels balanced ? my 690 was bouncy on the front with a maxxis front tyre before I had it balanced , also depends what you rode before as most endure bikes with them tyres ride like that on the road , my 950 adventure before had the same tire but was ok as its probably 50 odd kg heavier .

Nice bike ,

Nick
I have run TKC's on a Tenere before which were unbalanced and not had the same sort of problem.

Pretty sure it's the rim lock's, as they are not really needed I'll take them off anyway and see how it is.

Cheers,

Nick.
corbine

Post by corbine »

Looks Gorgeous Nick. :-)
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Lovely bike, enjoy! you could leave the rim locks on and get the wheels re-weighted after balancing at your local tyre fitter?
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

That looks the dogs. Would be interested to here what your thoughts are in comparison to the tenere, I keep toying with the idea of swapping mine.
macdee

Post by macdee »

good luck with the new bike
andymac

Post by andymac »

veeeery nice,,,,,don't leave that outside Tesco:s :whistle:
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
Nickw909

Post by Nickw909 »

APD_660Ten wrote:That looks the dogs. Would be interested to here what your thoughts are in comparison to the tenere, I keep toying with the idea of swapping mine.
Early days yet as only ridden it once, but the engine appears to be smoother, it carries the higher revs easier. 70 is 5k rpm more or less which if I remember right is about the same as the Tenere, but the 690 feels less stressed doing it.

It has a strange vibration on the front which is probably the rim lock, I've just taken it off and will see how it is tomorrow.

The first thing you notice is just taking it off the side stand and you can feel there is a big difference in weight, probably less than 40kgs, but the 690 feels much lighter.

Nick.
APD_660Ten

Post by APD_660Ten »

Cheers for that. Good chance the viby front is the rim lock. I remember riding 450's with rimlocks in Spain and at first they felt like they had square wheels on the tarmac :S
But as soon as you get on the rough stuff that just disappeared :woohoo:

My main wonder about the 690 was what it's road manners are like. I originally bought my ten so that I could do a bit of both. But it sounds like it's probably as happy as the ten on the road. I know I don't like the 450's on the road for any distance.

Keep us posted. Cheers.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Nice, not many of those about

Health to enjoy
Nickw909

Post by Nickw909 »

Removed the rim lock from the front and got rid of the bouncy vib.

Road manners are fine for me, it surges a bit at a constant throttle, but nothing to much, no probs on slow corners/roundables.

Nick.

Return to “BIKES”