yamaha ttr600e

The Things We Ride
Willy_Eckerslike

Re: yamaha ttr600e

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

I had no problem running the Symtecs on mine, the only other thing I had wired in was a Zumo cradle.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Willy_Eckerslike wrote:I had no problem running the Symtecs on mine, the only other thing I had wired in was a Zumo cradle.
Cheers for that, handy to know. I may just try changing the Bike-it variable heat control for a simple on / off switch before I change the grip elements in case that is at fault. At least there is no rush at the moment, even I don't get cold hands this time of year!

Have you made any other mods to yours?
Willy_Eckerslike

I added an MRA Street Shield screen and a set of barkbusters for a bit of extra protection, a metal mule rack and the acerbis tank. That's it, no other mods needed. Greenlaned it, dropped it more times than I can remember, went round Morocco on it, did Europe, thrashed the arse of it round the Nurburgring, did the Stella twice, commuted on it then came home one day to find some dirty little scrote had pinched it. Insurance had already paid out and I'd got another bike by the time he got nicked on it but to be honest I wouldn't have given £50 for it after looking at it. Only a bike at the end of the day but I'd definitely get another if the right one came along.
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Great to hear you had so many adventures on it, gutting to hear it got nicked!
It's good you can view it as only a bike though, I suppose it was an object that enabled you to achieve all those adventure memories that no one can ever take away but I think I would struggle to be so calm and philosophical, fair play to you!

Couple of questions;

Did you have one or two fuel taps fitted to your Acerbis tank?
Mine came with a tap fitted to the nearside but with a moulding ready to be drilled for an offside tap. I bought a second tap but when I offered it up it looked very close to the header pipe and I didn't like the idea of a potential fuel leak so close to such heat so haven't fitted it.

Also how did you get on fitting your Metal Mule rack?
I bought mine second hand off ebay and it was a right faff. Spent ages easing and adjusting it to get all the bolts to line up. I wasn't sure if the Mule frame or my rear frame was a bit out of line and I was determined not to damage any of the threaded inserts on the bike. Patience prevailed in the end though!
Willy_Eckerslike

I only had the one fuel tap, if it ever gets desperate enough you can lean the bike way over to the left to slosh the last couple of litres over to the tap side. You're not the only one finding the metal rack to be a difficult fit, I had to use a half inch of washers on one side to get it to install without bending the legs.
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

I won't have any trouble leaning the bike over on its side, its just a lucky dip which side!
Treadtrader

yamaha ttr600e

Post by Treadtrader »

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1378656920.569992.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1378656920.569992.jpg (77.02 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
A bit of farkling today.
Fitted some bar risers, better for standing.
An Optimate lead.
And a 20litre Acerbis fuel tank, EBay bargain.
Now it's ready for a run out. Cotswold lanes. Soon,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Horizonti

Post by Horizonti »

Looking good B)

Having fitted the Acerbis tank would you fit a second petrol tap to the offside?
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Horizonti wrote:Looking good B)

Having fitted the Acerbis tank would you fit a second petrol tap to the offside?
Due to design I don't think it's needed.
Easy enough to lean it over for the last dregs. ;)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

thanks for the great info on this thread ..
I am fancying an XT600, but see that the TTR600 seems to be a continuation of the model?

can anyone here tell me how they compare on ..
........ ........... XT/ TTR
top end..... 100/ 85 ?
fuel economy..... 43/ 42 ?
power..... ?
comfort..... ?
trails..... ... great/ poor?
vibration..... ?
actual weights?

the figures I have are from (knees-down) MCN .. has anyone got some real world experience of these bikes? to answer the above??

cheers,
Garyboy

Return to “BIKES”