whitch one and why?

The Things We Ride
moto al

Re: whitch one and why?

Post by moto al »

Moorso wrote:
moto al wrote:hi chaps my 2pence worth ,dont you think bikes are going the same way as cars ,they all look the same! :whistle:
Yes....frankly.
The angular "beaker" look is now the norm for all manufacturers.

It's the same as another post I made that it's going the same way in terms of ECU dependency too....my car shut itself off completely not that long ago because one of the back lights was out!

But the point is, it'll soon be impossible to mend something by the side of the road without a laptop to plug in. :unsure:

Having said that....I still fooking love the Triumph 1200 Explorer! :cheer:
yip re beaker.al
image_2013-06-14-2.jpg
image_2013-06-14-2.jpg (62.66 KiB) Viewed 713 times
moto al
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Beyond me how someone can think these bikes all look the same, apart from all having the constituents of a motorcycle, wheels, tank, seat & handlebars.... they don't look anything like each other.
If any one of these bikes were to ride past me, I would know at a glance which bike it was. They all have their own unique look, even from just a front view the headlights are all totally different.
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

and they all ride totally different,i've been on them all except for the guzzi.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

gazxt1200z wrote:and they all ride totally different,i've been on them all except for the guzzi.
And they all sound different with v twin, parallel twin, v four, inline 4 and triple engines.

I've test rode the Guzzi.... lovely to ride but not sure i'd trust it.
David Nimrod

Post by David Nimrod »

I think they all look alarmingly similar...

Plus, I couldn't afford any of 'em :laugh:

My R100GS will do just fine, thanks B)
bull

Post by bull »

what ever about adventure bikes looking the same, i met two lads last weekend

one was riding a yamaha V-star 650, i think it was, and the other lad was riding a honda shadow 750.

now both bikes were parked side bye side, and they were both the exact same bike, from what i could see there was no differance between then at all,
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Yes.... its about time designers started making a dual sport bikes that looks totally different.
Maybe make them lower down with less suspension travel and ground clearance, with lower bars and a full aerodynamic fairing.... oh hang on, that would be a sports bike.
Oh I know.... maybe make them longer with raked out forks and a big fat rear tyre.... damn, that's a cruiser isn't it.

FFS...
siddhartha

Post by siddhartha »

No beak on the Super Ten - and it has a design style that I prefer to the others - which is why I bought one. Test rode a GS1200, Triumph 800XC and the ST in the same day - and fell for the Yamaha.

Have also ridden the Yam XT660 and Super Ten at off-road training day - and would still go for the bigger bike.

You never see a motorcycle outside a psychiatrist's office - unfortunately this is not my own quote.

Tenere XT1200Z / Triumph Thunderbird
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Maybe each manufacturer should be allocated a certain colour and nobody else can use it?

Well Kawasaki can have lime green, I suppose Ducati can have red but who gets that horrible shade of brown?
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Zootman is right, this is worth waiting for:

MT_09Photo.jpg
MT_09Photo.jpg (39.37 KiB) Viewed 713 times

Return to “BIKES”