Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

The Things We Ride
optimisery

Re: Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

Post by optimisery »

An orange one!

[ebay]390881565759[/ebay]

or for those with mobile view:

Fleabay Orange Derbi Adventure
Are we there yet?
Andy17

Post by Andy17 »

Here's a photo of mine (thumbs)
Attachments
1613856_576875962404499_1156108712_n.jpg
1613856_576875962404499_1156108712_n.jpg (58.01 KiB) Viewed 2100 times
rickbat

Post by rickbat »

hi everyone, a lil bit of a feedback on the derbi terra adventure model;

i've owned mine from new since november 2012, everything is standard on mine apart from the top box, spot lights and a few extra stickers.

so far the bike has been wonderful, i've done just under 7000 miles with it, had a couple of problems sorted under warranty, first and major problem i had with it was the dash died twice (i had heated grips and alarm fitted then) at the second time the dash went i also had the grips and alarm removed and havent had a problem with it since (my guess is the electrician must have made a boo boo fitting them and thats what was causing the dash to blow) my second problem was just a couple months ago my speedo sensor (its a electronic one fitted at the rear wheel) went as well i was aware that might happen as im also with the facebook DTA forum and not surprised when it went but i ride my bike all year round so as i like to say sh!t happens.
other than that bike have been good, been to the ace cafe in london (from norfolk) twice, latest march this year for the adventure day, rain there and back and she didnt miss a beat.

good points: its a good all rounder, im 17,5st and she hits 76mph with me fat arse on top

bad points: headlight its as crap as crap can be, and the budget tyres she comes with are also very crap in the wet and off road, but bloody grippy in the dry.

headlight its the reason i had hallogen 55w spot lights fitted they make a world of difference and so far i havent had a single car flash me because of them.

so here'sa couple of vids one night time to show the lights and the second just recorded a few days ago trail riding with the crap budget tyres.

[video]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G8p9LvwKD4[/video]

[video]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krWJ8WQMfY8[/video]
If it doesnt have dirt on it, its because you're not riding it hard enough

jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Just a heads up, that sadly some :whistle: decided to nick this bike from outside the house last night, I know there arn't many of them around (even fewer with knobbly tyres/black rims/renthal bars). If anyone sees it/hears of it being sold on/broken for parts - please let me know. Only just finished sorting it all out - gutted :sick: - reward for any help/info. Cheers guys.

timber

Post by timber »

B*st**ds sorry to hear that
great looking mods, rare looking bike.

did you have to cut the back of the raised mudguard to clear the radiater and bodykit?
would like the raised guard on mine.

And Hi freeloadeur could i get a PDF service manual from you?

Darren W.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Gah! That's terrible news. Also the best looking DTA I've seen.

As the bike in general I can't think of a 125 I want more.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Good news Brenhden, you can buy a new one from J&S Accessories for a smidge under Β£3000.

Better news, a custom bike builder I know is looking at slotting the Kawasaki Ninja 300cc twin into one. That could be fun...
Happiness has 125cc ...
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Freeloadeur wrote:Good news Brenhden, you can buy a new one from J&S Accessories for a smidge under Β£3000.

Better news, a custom bike builder I know is looking at slotting the Kawasaki Ninja 300cc twin into one. That could be fun...
Wow, best of both worlds there I think.

Not in the market for a bike at the mo. I need the workshop space for working on my DR.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Cptgiggles94

Post by Cptgiggles94 »

Hi guys, proud new owner of a 60 Terra Here, she's brilliant, and quite the step up from my step through 1986 Honda cub 90. Been out for a few little jaunts to give her a run for her money and I've never had so much fun. Joined Facebook group also, so look forward to getting up to some Terra related shenanigans. Anyone else going to the motorbike show at the NEC towards the end of the month? :laugh:
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

It's been a while since folk reported back here and as I'm still thinking of buying one, can we maybe have an update from those who have them? Particularly:
- how reliable they've been and any significant issues they've had
- real world figures for mpg and touring speeds, loaded and unloaded
- anything else of import

Many thanks
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:

Return to β€œBIKES”