Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

The Things We Ride
Freeloadeur

Re: Derbi Terra and Derbi Terra Adventure info.

Post by Freeloadeur »

Do you Facebook, if so there's the group I set up www.facebook.com/derbi.terra.adventure.uk a glance round will reveal the pleasures (and woes) of ownership. They can have their issues, occasional electrics glitches, wheel bearings made of cheese. Nothing to dramatic, no blown motors or anything.
Happiness has 125cc ...
optimisery

Post by optimisery »

Freeloadeur wrote:Oh oh, you're putting temptation in Optimisery's way.
I braved FB and sent over some questions to June last week, I guess she didnt get them.

Bodysnatcher, sending pm
Are we there yet?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Freeloadeur wrote:Do you Facebook, if so there's the group I set up www.facebook.com/derbi.terra.adventure.uk a glance round will reveal the pleasures (and woes) of ownership. They can have their issues, occasional electrics glitches, wheel bearings made of cheese. Nothing to dramatic, no blown motors or anything.
I joined it sometime last week . ;)
sconav

Post by sconav »

Freeloadeur wrote:In the files section on the owners' Facebook pages you'll find a complete engine manual to downloadas a pdf. That should make life a lot easier.

Or PM me your email address and I'll send you it.
Hi folks,

Just picking up a Derbi Terra Adventure for my Dad tonight. Had a blast on it last night seems great fun and can be thrown about easily.

Does anyone know if the service manual is still available.

Cheers Scott.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Scott, if you'd like it PM me you email address and I'll send it to you.
Happiness has 125cc ...
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Thought those of you who are maybe considering terras as little adventure bikes might like to see my brothers "first adventure bike" - just passed his test so this seemed a decent introduction to adv bikes, chucked some bars//handguards/bags off my 660 and it now looks a bit more beefy/useful! B)

Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Oo, black wheels they look nice. And I'm intrigued what's going on under those Lomo bags, show us more.
Happiness has 125cc ...
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Thanks :) B) sort of aimed to copy Derbi's original demo terra with the black wheels/forks/screen, makes it look a bit like a mini tenere!

I'm afraid there is nothing very technical going on under the bags :laugh: just 2 galvanised tubes which bolt up to the subframe, rear rack and pillion peg mounts, which the lomo bags can then be strapped to to keep them from flapping about. Eventually we might weld up a pannier frame but for now the bags will carry 20kg or so of camping gear etc so for 1-2 week trips it works nicely (with a peli case on the rack too).
sconav

Post by sconav »

Freeloadeur wrote:Scott, if you'd like it PM me you email address and I'll send it to you.
Hi Freeloader,

Thanks for the offer. Sent you a PM.

My Dad is delighted with the bike. It had been sitting unused for a year. Done the basics to it and he look it for an MOT today and it passed with no issues at all. Great little bike.

Cheers Scott. :)
sconav

Post by sconav »

ImageImage

A couple of pictures of the Terra for those interested.

Scott

Return to “BIKES”