Triumph have redeemed themselves

The Things We Ride
digitalcaptive

Triumph have redeemed themselves

Post by digitalcaptive »

Just an update on the situation with my engine paint issues-
Triumph have today agreed to rebiuld my engine into brand new cases, work is destined to be carried out in four weeks once I get back from my fornights tour of europe,
My confidence and karma with Triumph is once again retored........thank you for reconsidering Triumph
africajim

Re: Triumph have redeemed themselves

Post by africajim »

Glad you're getting a positive result mate, although if it was my dealer, the time it would take to strip the engine, rebuild it and give you back the bike it would be winter!
That would be yet another issue for me as the bike would be off the road, yet again. That's been my main moan all along, the amount of time the bike was in the shop. My Varadero hasn't lost a single day in over three yrs, the Tiger lost over two months in a year! (six months was laid up in my shed for winter so six months!)
As I pointed out earlier, I loved the bike and if Triumph had intervened and resolved my issue when I complained in writing to them instead of giving me the brush off I'd still be running it. But as it is, I've went back to Honda, and never been happier!

P.S.
Spoke to someone with a contact within Triumph dealership and almost all Tigers they've sold have come back with the same electronic issue mine had, be warned, £120 for the gear indicator switch from Triumph! Glad mine's gone! LOL!
Honda, the power of dreams.
digitalcaptive

Post by digitalcaptive »

africajim wrote:Glad you're getting a positive result mate, although if it was my dealer, the time it would take to strip the engine, rebuild it and give you back the bike it would be winter!!
It'll keep the milage down on mine, as they've promised a like for likr bike for the duration of the work
africajim wrote:Spoke to someone with a contact within Triumph dealership and almost all Tigers they've sold have come back with the same electronic issue mine had, be warned, £120 for the gear indicator switch from Triumph! Glad mine's gone! LOL!
I raised this issue with my dealer today, he suggested that it affected bikes pre july 2011, I don't know how that ties in to your information....he my have just been blowing smoke up my arse (it wouldn't be the first time) at the minute I'm sure he's been told that hes got to be nice to me after the letters I posted to triumph
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Nice one Russ B)
one-legged adventurer
tiger800xc

Post by tiger800xc »

Glad you got it sorted mate :)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Sometimes all it take is a little perseverance. Well done bro.

Well done Triumph for finally seeing sense.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
africajim

Post by africajim »

Glad they're giving you a replacement bike mate, makes life easier. Triumph fired a rocket up the arse of my local dealer which led to my bike being kept in the workshop even longer the last time it was in! Just the kind of dealer you really want!
Wullie Young told me the first of them had only one o ring and the newer replacement switches have two o rings? I took mine out, which was supposed to be the new, two o ring jobby, I could only see one! Could all be bogus, or could be they have a solution for the issue, who knows? I do sincerely hope they have solved the issue and the problem is fixed for all concerned.
All mute now I have the Crosstourer, fuel economy is much the same so I'm happy enough. A great pity Triumph couldn't have been a bit more understanding in my situation and I would have persisted with the Tiger, a truly lovely bike. But due to their attitude I will never buy another. What a shame. :(

I wish you all the luck with yours mate.
Honda, the power of dreams.
digitalcaptive

Post by digitalcaptive »

africajim wrote:Glad they're giving you a replacement bike mate, makes life easier. Triumph fired a rocket up the arse of my local dealer which led to my bike being kept in the workshop even longer the last time it was in! Just the kind of dealer you really want!
Wullie Young told me the first of them had only one o ring and the newer replacement switches have two o rings? I took mine out, which was supposed to be the new, two o ring jobby, I could only see one! Could all be bogus, or could be they have a solution for the issue, who knows? I do sincerely hope they have solved the issue and the problem is fixed for all concerned.
All mute now I have the Crosstourer, fuel economy is much the same so I'm happy enough. A great pity Triumph couldn't have been a bit more understanding in my situation and I would have persisted with the Tiger, a truly lovely bike. But due to their attitude I will never buy another. What a shame. :(

I wish you all the luck with yours mate.
I just hope Jim that the rest of us don't have to go through what you did, but had it not happened then you wouldn't be having this all new love affair ;)

Return to “BIKES”