Which Oxford hot-grips to choose ?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Magnusson

Re: Which Oxford hot-grips to choose ?

Post by Magnusson »

garyboy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:04 pm https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcyc ... ted_grips/

all their grips are listed .. prices, grip lengths, bar width, open end, closed end etc etc
Interesting. I see in this link that Oxford has updated their grips (that already were the best IMHO). Version 9 controller. Temperature sensor in each grip. Fast warm up. Waterproof connectors. Looks like I need to visit my local dealer. :D
Champagne taste on beer budget.
Toe

Post by Toe »

In my commuting days I was an avid heated glove user. Gerbing if you're interested, the controller was very easy to use when kitted up so you could adjust the heat to avoid roasting your hands. It's often necessary to adjust because of the wind cooling the gloves at different speeds. I was also told good things about Keis.
Personally never got on with heated grips for reasons previously mentioned in the thread - for me the grips are way too bulky for my liking, and the material feels too hard.
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
Thedktor

Post by Thedktor »

I get cold hands even indoors if the heating is not on! On the bike I tried thicker and thicker gloves, muffs etc, but the only solution was Gerbing heated gloves. Complete game-changer, 4 settings for total control and all-over warmth, even below zero degrees.

I also use a heated vest, complete game-changer again! :)

You can get combined controllers and remote controls for tidier wiring but for now this does me fine.
20200119_104816.jpg
20200119_104816.jpg (159.69 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

+1 on the heated jacket. They are absolutely amazing. And with a warm torso, it'll keep your legs and hands warmer too. It's one of the "why didn't I get one years ago" things. Can't recommend highly enough.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I'm just glad I got loads of hair on the palms of my hands oowwwww.

PS .. any fat juicy riders need a travel partner?

Return to “TECHNICAL”