premium fuel in a non premium bike ...?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: premium fuel in a non premium bike ...?

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

There are former dairy farms in Dorset growing maize, which is harvested and then chucked into a biodigester to make methane without first passing it through a cow.
To me, this is wasteful, but not as bad as felling temperate rainforest on the west coast of north America, trucking across the continent, shipping it across the Atlantic in oil-burning bulk carriers, and transporting it by diesel train from Grimsby to the Drax power station, then burning it to make 'green' electricity with a higher carbon footprint per kw/hr than using local coal would have.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:51 am There are former dairy farms in Dorset growing maize, which is harvested and then chucked into a biodigester to make methane without first passing it through a cow.
To me, this is wasteful, but not as bad as felling temperate rainforest on the west coast of north America, trucking across the continent, shipping it across the Atlantic in oil-burning bulk carriers, and transporting it by diesel train from Grimsby to the Drax power station, then burning it to make 'green' electricity with a higher carbon footprint per kw/hr than using local coal would have.
Good point indeed--there is so much smoke, mirrors and bullshit around so called "green energy" all driven by big corporations and palm greased politicians making more money. The OPEC+ group are selling even more oil at market prices inflated by greed. Aramco (saudi) have just announced a $40 billion profit. We (the world) still don't seem to get it that we need to be honest and open and co-operate to reduce CO2 emissions. We certainly need a complete election and government change here in the UK-- a late evolution , but with a guillotine!
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Does anyone know if ethanol free Fuel is available at all in the UK?, always used to use Esso synergy which was ethanol free up september last year but alas no longer.
Its a trick............get an Axe
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Local Fuels down here in East Sussex have been doing E0 in ordinary unleaded for ages but I haven’t had cause to see if they still are. As far as I know, they haven’t done super unleaded.
My car has to have super and I put it in both bikes because the price difference isn’t sufficient not to.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “TECHNICAL”