TPMS - Any recommendations or avoids?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Geecee68

TPMS - Any recommendations or avoids?

Post by Geecee68 »

Hi there, looking for a TPMS set up for my AfricaTwin. I see they are £20-30 on Ebay, double on Amazon. Any recommendations? What works, what doesn't?

Thanks in advance!
Brenhden

Re: TPMS - Any recommendations or avoids?

Post by Brenhden »

Tire-pressure monitoring system for anyone who didn't know.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

I got this from Amazon Last week , Works a treat . 2 slight Problems with this Unit The charging port is at the Bottom of the Back of the outer Case and does not have a Cover over the Contacts , So if the Bike is used in the wet these Contacts wont last very long .Also You need to remove the unit from the Mount to charge it up Due to the Charging port being at the Back and Bottom of the Unit. My last TPMS had the Charge point on the side with a Waterproof Bung/Cover So no need to remove from the Bike to charge it up. Garmin have a TPMS that pairs up with the XT Zumo GPS if you Have one , But the Last time i looked it was about £90 and it kept losing the Signal from the rear sensor UNLESS Garmin have now sorted out that Huge Problem . Hope this helps Cheers Francis
Last edited by fw750x on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

. I got this from Amazon Last week , Works a treat . 2 slight Problems with this Unit The charging port is at the Bottom of the Back of the outer Case and does not have a Cover over the Contacts , So if the Bike is used in the wet these Contacts wont last very long .Also You need to remove the unit from the Mount to charge it up Due to the Charging port being at the Back and Bottom of the Unit. My last TPMS had the Charge point on the side with a Waterproof Bung/Cover So no need to remove from the Bike to charge it up. Garmin have a TPMS that pairs up with the XT Zumo GPS if you Have one , But the Last time i looked it was about £90 and it kept losing the Signal from the rear sensor UNLESS Garmin have now sorted out that Huge Problem . Hope this helps Cheers Francis
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0496.JPG (78.92 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
wks

Post by wks »

Hi all I think the garmin only works with the 590/595 only.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

I recently bought a set where the display unit is connected to the bikes battery, and has USB output. No need to worry about charging anymore and I can plug my satnav in. I have 2 other sets, I bought the wired one to replace the newer one, in which the battery lasts noticeably shorter than my oldest one.

You can also get Bluetooth transmitter units that talk to your phone. It can be handy if you always ride with your phone on your handlebars.

Usually the transmitter units screw onto the valves, but if you have tubeless tires there are also units that replace the valves.

You need to decide what is best for your situation.

The one where the battery only lasts few weeks.
2022-06-28 15_16_07-Window.jpg
2022-06-28 15_16_07-Window.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
The one that is permanently connected,,. And glued down.
2022-06-28 15_17_37-Window.jpg
2022-06-28 15_17_37-Window.jpg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
On one of my bikes the transmitter caused wheel balance issues. They are 3-4 grams so I took 5 gram wheel weight, cut about 1/3rd of and glued on opposite the transmitter.
Champagne taste on beer budget.

Return to “TECHNICAL”