Brainstorming time - Tyres

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
karnevil

Re:Brainstorming time - Tyres

Post by karnevil »

Here is an idea for Alun.
If he can,in the name of the magazine,get some sets of tyres donated for members to try maybe we could arrange a test weekend someplace,maybe even a giant test of all sorts,Tents,stoves,tyres,sleeping bags,panniers,(Patience!!!)the whole hit.
Would be complicated and take some sorting out,but the results would reflect real world users.

What do you think?

Re:Brainstorming time - Tyres

Post by 03001978 »

Count me in!

I could think of nothing better than to get out and test adventure gear, my sort of heaven, load me up. I'm there!
Lancastermick

Re: Brainstorming time - Tyres

Post by Lancastermick »

Hey Alun! Can I volunteer for equipment trials too? :woohoo:
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
scouse

Post by scouse »

Me too!

For my two pennorth, after running Tourances on a selection of Beemers from 650 singles to the 1100 for around 7 years or so we are now considering Anakees for the fleet. The new Tourances don't seem the same as they used to be... just something undefinably different particularly in the wet.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
fatlad

Post by fatlad »

Hi everyone, new to this forum lark so be gentle with me. I am to computer dexterity what Rudolf Nureyev is to arc welding.
Scouse, I agree about the Tourances, had the EXPs as OE on the GSA but they did'nt seem as good as bog standard Tourances I had on the previous GS, so I got the boggos on the GSA and normality returned. I think they last a bit longer and seemed ok chasing my mates all on sports bikes round the mountain on IOM. Also they were a bit cheaper so winning all round.

Fatlad

Return to “TECHNICAL”