Calimoto

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
clutchspring

Calimoto

Post by clutchspring »

Hi everyone, looking for some help using the calimoto app. Download the app about 12 months ago & with the help of the wife managed to get the free trial routes working on my Android phone.
Now decided to use the app a gain but can't get it to work , message comes up " no WiFi ", I thought the app used gps & it worked last time with out WiFi.
So looking for any suggestions, I have emailed calimoto but as yet have not had any response.

Thanks,
Ian.
Cornishman

Re: Calimoto

Post by Cornishman »

Have you downloaded the map that you need?
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

I'm only using the free basic trial at the moment , tried to download the uk map but the app redirects me to the subscription page.
Think I may have sorted it , my thinking is when using the basic settings the route & segments of maps are there only to do that route,
One thing I did find in the calimoto troughble shooting page was to turn off optimised battery settings.
Did a small experiment from home got a 40 mile round trip up with WiFi on then turned off WiFi walked down the road a while & route seems to be working now !

Thanks,
Ian.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

I downloaded the free version a couple of weeks ago and it said I could download one free map so I chose my area. Have fun with it.
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Hi, thanks for the replies, got it to work now but if I miss a way point it takes ages to re route,

Ian.

Return to “TECHNICAL”