advice wanted please

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
blue bus

advice wanted please

Post by blue bus »

May 2021 brand new Royal Enfield interceptor

20.8.2021 engine management light on
this sorted at dealers[a sensor]3000miles

11.9.2021 total loss electrics bike died 5 hour wait for recovery
earth connection sorted at dealers 3400miles

15.10.2021engine went onto one cylinder 5h 50min recovery
new coil fitted at dealers 3800miles

15.11.2021engine management light on forgot how long recovery
air intake sensor sorted at dealers4400 miles

15.12.2021 misting on speedo & taco glass
told we dont repair that, live with it 4500miles

16.12.2021 neutral on but bike in gear
told at dealers we dont repair that all bikes do it 4540miles

am i being petty would had thought that was a safety aspect
i asked if the would buy it back i paid £4000 +£2000p/x offered £3000
Smalley Cross Derby

what do you people think i should do, cannot find a contact number for R/E in England
crofty

Re: advice wanted please

Post by crofty »

I don't think you're being petty, most of us would be right pissed off to be stranded 3 times for 5 hour periods within 6 months of buying new.
What I did with my Himalayan that had its share of problems was to move it on cheap and go back to a Japanese bike. I know lots of folk never have any problems but that is small consolation when you are having them, I did 10,000 miles on my RE and did my own servicing so i didn't expect much help from the supplying dealer. What did annoy me was I couldn't get spare parts like brake calipers for the bike when I had problems. I had to order from India.
My bike never left me stranded mainly because I could fix it, I just got tired of fixing the problems. If you really love it and think you have a
Friday bike, chop it in for a new one you shouldn't be so unlucky twice :?:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

this is the UK importer

https://www.motogb.co.uk/make/royal-enfield

MotoGB also owns some RE dealers.

They have one of those pop-up chatboxes on the website.

I'd say, in a non-threatening way, that you are disappointed with the response to your problems, which you don't for a moment think is typical. You hope that they will intervene to put them right...you want to be in a position where the only thing you have to say is 'thank you.'

You hope that this is the case, as you don't want to have to start asking other owners and prospective owners on the RE Facebook if this has happened to them too.

Alternatively you could look at your rights to reject the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act. If you have the bike on finance, then involve the finance company, you don't have to keep paying for something you can't use.

I must say you seem to have had more than your share of trouble with that bike...it's not as though it's a Ducati! :lol:
NeilM

Post by NeilM »

I have found that polite and factual posts on social media sites usually illicit a rapid response.
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

really big thank you for the replies people ,that motogb the dealers gave me that number but not been able to get through ,had bikes since 1970 and many were what i could afford so worked on all of them ,so i treated myself to a new one i think thats why i,m so disappointed
Richard Simpson Mark II

Have you tried the 'live chat' box on the MGB website?

A lot of business are now struggling to answer phones etc.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Let's hope the team riding Himalayas to the South Pole have better luck

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalEnfield/
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Well ... this post has completely put me off even thinking of RE for a cheap future (trail) bike.My first bike was an RE, and it was crap. Seems they have managed to maintain their standards over the years.

Even a single lemon will tarnish the whole brand, especially with a bad response to complaints.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

blue bus wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:23 pm really big thank you for the replies people ,that motogb the dealers gave me that number but not been able to get through ,had bikes since 1970 and many were what i could afford so worked on all of them ,so i treated myself to a new one i think thats why i,m so disappointed
I would be disappointed too. Royal Enfield are big on Social media and have a thriving online community, so as suggested above, I would be getting your issues posted on there and see what avenues open up. Yours is not the first bike to have these problems so try to find out how others have solved the 'dealer' responsibility issue. My initial thoughts are that your problem lies with the supplying dealer as they are the ones who took your payment less than 7 months ago.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Alternatively you could look at your rights to reject the vehicle under the Sale of Goods Act. If you have the bike on finance, then involve the finance company, you don't have to keep paying for something you can't use.

I must say you seem to have had more than your share of trouble with that bike...it's not as though it's a Ducati! :lol:
The Daily Telegraph motoring correspondent "Honest John" has advice on his website re rejecting a vehicle. Looks like it becomes a bit difficult/complicated after six months.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...

Return to “TECHNICAL”