Grip heaters

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Seminole

Grip heaters

Post by Seminole »

Grip heating elements.

Put some oxford grips on last year and despite being nice and toasty, my hands go numb from the vibrations that got through these very hard grips, id like to go back to the more cushiony rubber grips I normally use and try a heating element under them.
Are there known reliable/good performing elements to go for or is it a case of get some on amazon they is all the same?.
lancashirelad

Re: Grip heaters

Post by lancashirelad »

Have you tried Grip Puppies they worked for me.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Lol, cheers had to google that.
Problem is the oxford grips are allready large diameter, im used to slim off road grips, in fact I think its a combination of the hard material and too large a diameter that gives me pain and numbness

Im definately looking for something that lets me use a motocross type grip, Im fine with them.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

My Serow is fitted with Symtec Heat Demon heaters and they fit and work well under trials bike grips.

Combine them with handlebar muffs, which I do not really like using, and they are even better. I too have severe pain and problems in my hands but the combination of the two in tandem is so positive.

In the winter months I apply a mixture of lavender oil and essence of ginger and that makes a big difference too.

TTFN

Hugh.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I have used heated grips for years but now for me heated gloves are the only thing that really works. Bark busters winter muffs are good. If you stick with heated grips there are some that fit inside the bars so you can retain the original grips, I got mine from Bob Porecha BMW dealer in South London years ago.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Jak* wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:03 am I have used heated grips for years but now for me heated gloves are the only thing that really works. Bark busters winter muffs are good. If you stick with heated grips there are some that fit inside the bars so you can retain the original grips, I got mine from Bob Porecha BMW dealer in South London years ago.
I've fitted heated grips to loads of bikes but always end up selling them. Heated gloves can go between bikes :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “TECHNICAL”