E10 Fuels

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Cornishman

Re: E10 Fuels

Post by Cornishman »

catcitrus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Cornishman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 am
catcitrus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am
Cornishman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 pm I use E10 because it does the job.
Thats very helpful and informative----you don't give up do you
Why should I? As I said I’ve been using E10 since 2009 and find the scaremongering hilarious. I guess folk like you have no respect for the experience of strangers. How sad on a forum for people who travel.
Plenty of respect actually, and I do travel---I never doubted your experience at all, but after your personal, rude and arrogant responses you must expect a bit of sarcasm in return--you reap what you sow! , and have you really added anything constructive to the debate about the pros and cons of E10?--remember the thread was started by someone who actually has had trouble--and a lot have, even with E5-I have yet to see any more positive comments about E10--its ok for modern FI stuff thats designed for it , but many of us don't run FI vehicles or bikes--I actually do in combination with older carburetted stuff, but treat my fuel with a US emulsifier to neutralise the effects just to be safe-I'll let others add to the debate.
Strange I’m sure that I pointed out that I had used it in a positive way for a long time. As have many of the people I know. I have used it in a variety of vehicles. I think you will find that the arrogance and rudeness started from you. I can enjoy this forum without the likes of you do please don’t respond, you seem to be in a rut, I’ve moved on.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:30 pm According to NASSA, between 1880 and 2007, global temperatures increased by 0.9 degrees.

I couldn't be less worried.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/featu ... ature2.php
nor me too also ..

ffs is bloody cold 'ere in Wales, at times .. i wish it would warm up a bit . the globe, I mean.

look ... the expert scientists only recently discovered that there is a sea circulatory system aroiund and amoung landy bits in the north pole ... and whe they calculated the projected temperatures in the (project fear) near future .. they just happen to forget the coo0ling effect of winds ... and even I could see that they had not included this.

It is not a simple linear projection ... this heatsw up, therefore by a certain time, following a straight line graph, this temperature will be reached ... there are multiple and complex effects as the resluts of each and every singular and interactive cause. .. these `egspurts ` is twaTS.

More danger from volcanoes and asteroids n stuff

they only just discovered that tardygrades are easily kilt by a relatively small increase in perpetual temperature .. over a few days.
why didnt these experts kknow this before.?

o ... and of course .. its all OUR fualt .... global warming caused by people ... no ... it scaused by governments innit !! .. if indeed you accept this shite..

they (govt) are now teaching kids that this is fact ... its not even proved yet .... project fear at an early age ... poor kids !! ... no wonder they all loopy ..
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

back on track .. using E10 fuel ... yes its everywhere now, even in poor lowly behind the times Wales ... I had to put some in the bike, as there was no choice at the pumps i was at, and in a remote place in wales ... Gawd.. it seemed to chugg and stutter at low speed, but to be fair, it was a dodgy track, and the NC was struggling, for some reason?

I put some more in .. no choice again ... but this time ... wow ... it actually seemed to be going faster and better and good mpg .... perhaps my 'ed is shitted up ??
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Forgive my ignorance, but what will actually happen if I put E10 in my 1995 Suzuki?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It will attack components in the fuel system made of plastic and non-ferrous metals.

It attracts water, which then combines with the ethanol, which falls out of suspension and gathers in the bottom of your fuel tank, your float bowls etc.

If you have a plastic fuel tank, it makes it swell up.

For an experiment, get a glass bottle , put some E10 petrol in it and a little water. Mark the 'waterline'; leave to stand for a few days.

Note that the waterline is now higher than the one you have marked. The water has 'stolen' the ethanol out of the petrol. In normal use the ethanol combines with atmospheric water vapour and the same thing happens....a pool of water.

If you are brave you can mix water and E5/10 petrol. Let the water settle, and it absorbs the ethanol out of the petrol. Pour off carefully and you have 'pure' old-school petrol, and some ethanol and water for granny's flaming Christmas pudding ....that last bit was a joke BTW.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Last week the UK had to put one of its coal-burning powerstations back into service because 'renewables' couldn't meet demand on a warm and sunny Autumn day.

Domestic car chargers will apparently be disabled at times of peak domestic demand to 'avoid overloading the grid', starting with those installed from May.

So the grid can't even cope with current demand for 'green' electricity.

Has the penny dropped yet?
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Brenhden wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 pm Forgive my ignorance, but what will actually happen if I put E10 in my 1995 Suzuki?
Check with Suzuki. Most of their vehicles since 1992 will be fine and all from 2002 are. If Suzuki says it’s OK for your bike you will be fine just like millions of Germans, French and other EU people including probably huge numbers of British tourists have been since 2009. (that’s a long time). Who are you going to believe the people who made your bike and the facts or the negative attitude from a handful of posters on here?
The point of my original post, the one that has generated hate Mail, is that although E10 is new to the U.K. it is not new. It’s been used in Europe since 2009 and it’s very straightforward to find which engines are 100% safe. But, hey, it’s much more fun to spread rumours and be unpleasant about a teenage girl who had raised the profile of Global Warming to the highest level. Real manly stuff that part.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

This place is getting to be better than Facebook for reading ‘enlightened’ Bollox
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Seminole wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:05 pm This place is getting to be better than Facebook for reading ‘enlightened’ Bollox
I know. Facts can be so confusing.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Return to “TECHNICAL”