E10 Fuels

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tonibe63

Re: E10 Fuels

Post by Tonibe63 »

I guess E10 is here to stay, atleast in the short-term, so we'll all have just suck it up and see what problems we get. Choosing to use E5 is an option but whilst in Scotland all I could see at the pumps was E10 so maybe not an option for everybody.
Re climate change ........ regardless of which editors viewpoint you subscribe to I can't honestly see the developed World choosing to go back to pre industrial revolution times on the off chance that any damaged cause will also return to the those times and I can't see the developing World wanting to remain relatively poor just so we fat Westerners can have our cake and eat it.
Consumers will continue to consume, 'natural disasters' will continue to happen and political debate about what's to blame will also continue.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

A word on that, when we went over to E5 all pumps seemed to get the E5 sticker even those that didnt actually pump out any ethanol, I wouldnt be surprised if the same thing is happening with E10.
I know the esso Super at my local is still ethanol free (Ive tested it) but the pump has an E10 Sticker
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I did a bit of a tour of the south midlands this week, and all Premium pumps now seem to have E10 labels, while all Super pumps are still E5.
I tend to use Super in my bikes and garden/forest machinery anyway, as it seems to give better power, easier starting and more mpg.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

I use E10 because it does the job.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Seminole wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:36 pm A word on that, when we went over to E5 all pumps seemed to get the E5 sticker even those that didnt actually pump out any ethanol, I wouldnt be surprised if the same thing is happening with E10.
I know the esso Super at my local is still ethanol free (Ive tested it) but the pump has an E10 Sticker
I heard from my local truck/MOT depot thats in tune that despite the E10 label they won't actually change until the end of the year--a cunning plan to make us buy the more expensive E5 super--money grabbing barstewards.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Cornishman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:21 pm I use E10 because it does the job.
Thats very helpful and informative----you don't give up do you
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

catcitrus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am
Why should I? As I said I’ve been using E10 since 2009 and find the scaremongering hilarious. I guess folk like you have no respect for the experience of strangers. How sad on a forum for people who travel.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Cornishman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 am
catcitrus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:27 am
Why should I? As I said I’ve been using E10 since 2009 and find the scaremongering hilarious. I guess folk like you have no respect for the experience of strangers. How sad on a forum for people who travel.
Plenty of respect actually, and I do travel---I never doubted your experience at all, but after your personal, rude and arrogant responses you must expect a bit of sarcasm in return--you reap what you sow! , and have you really added anything constructive to the debate about the pros and cons of E10?--remember the thread was started by someone who actually has had trouble--and a lot have, even with E5-I have yet to see any more positive comments about E10--its ok for modern FI stuff thats designed for it , but many of us don't run FI vehicles or bikes--I actually do in combination with older carburetted stuff, but treat my fuel with a US emulsifier to neutralise the effects just to be safe-I'll let others add to the debate.
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

There is a Youtube video of how to easily remove Ethanol from petrol. Haven't tried it myself and don't recommend playing with petrol but if you fancy a go this link should take you to the instructions.
https//:youtu.be/b9mLbuUSt-0
Good luck
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Yep its easy to remove it, but you are then left with petrol of a low and unknown octane rating, dont put it in your bike ffs it'll knock its bollox off

Return to “TECHNICAL”