brake service

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
garyboy

Re: brake service

Post by garyboy »

i have got a bit excited about my new adventure old bike lol. .... sorry to bore some of you (ok .. most of you real adventurers) ..
Since raising the bar (..the handlebars) and getting some (PPE) Personal Protection (from the Environment [wind]) .. I have got really enthusiastic about my 5 yr old NC750s.

Bought some cheap turkish rear rack and pannier frames. .. they look really good in the pics (don't they all?), and only £140, from Equipment 4 Motorcycle, on Ebay.

I am looking on Ebay and Amazon for some cheap soft panniers (£30-£70), [ or second hand ones???] .. as the cheap ones i already have are piss poor but may suffice for the sheep dip rally?? lol.

Still have to fit the front fender extender, radiator grille, and rear hugger ... and have a new front tyre on order (BT023) .. though i will need a rear tyre soon too.

Spend spend spend. lol. :D :D 8-) 8-) :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

just to keep things irrelevant and uninteresting to most :lol: .. I am well on my way to converting my naked commuter NC750s into a gennnuine adventure bike lol. 8-) 8-) :D :roll:

The rear rack and pannier rails arrived and i had a heart fluttery moment .. well 2 actually .. one when they arrived early, and another when i finally got them fitted. When i first opened the packet and dry assembled them they looked really silly .. they looked like old Russian agricultural brackets made of cast iron, and weighed like it was too. .. 5 mm thick rough cast iron? .. and they looked like they would not fit by a long way.

The metal they were attaching to was only 1mm thick ffs? at the seat.

However, once assembled they were really strong and looked really cool (pics later possibly?). the strength coming from the foot peg area and the joining spar at the rear, connecting the 2 panniers. Plus the overall frame rigidity, acting as a whole unit.

I was worried that the hand guards would not fit, as they were cheapy ones and i was not able to source the guards for a 750s before, as the dct model is different to the non dct and the X .. because of the hand brake lever on the h/bars. (yep .. the handbrake lever operates a separate rear brake lol.)

But .. they fitted a treat and look really cool. I may adjust them by fitting wider wind area plastic, later.

I have a tyre on order .. a BT023, but mostly to help out my tyre fitter, as he has them in stock and quoted £100 all in, fitted to the bike. However, liking the look of the ADV transformation :D :lol: I have decided i want the bt A41 for the front, to match the same, on the back. The BT023 is a good grip tyre and long lasting on tarmac, but, as i often go awol in mid wales' muddy gravelly roads, i am wanting the Adventure tyre, A41 ... so there !!. .. fock y'r bt023 mud slippers.

I will post pics after i fit the fender extender and rear hugger ..... (all budget item btw, but very good quality.)

o .. almost forgot ... I got some really cheapy hard panniers coming wednesday .... £36 lol :)
I am expecting to reinforce them, as they probably will be very flimsy, but i want to leave them on, fixed to the bike, for general storage. I have a good top box, but am leaning towards leaving that off the bike, as they can get a bit wobbly over bumpy roads at 120mph :D .. not to mention the wind resistance? .. big bag at the rear is easier? can be removed, bungies.
Plus i will be able to get me leg over easier ;) when not in use.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Jak*

Post by Jak* »

The hand guards and pannier frames look great. I am not sure about the angle of the mortar you have attached at the back though. 😅
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: 8-)

Return to “TECHNICAL”