Beta alp 200

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Rockmonkey

Beta alp 200

Post by Rockmonkey »

Thinking of buying a Beta Alp 200. Noticed it has rear footpegs. Has anybody out there used this bike with pillion. I have been informed the footpegs have been removed on later models due to the sub frame cracking?
tuftywhite

Re: Beta alp 200

Post by tuftywhite »

Having had a Beta Alp 4.0, I would look at a few different bikes to do detailed comparisons with.

I found the Alp was very cheaply finished and put together, I'd have probably been better buying a second hand something else, than getting the Alp.

My advice would be have a good poke around one, with the saddle and the tank off and make sure you're happy with the quality.

I don't know if they've changed it, but to give you a couple of examples, I replaced the petrol pipe as the OEM stuff came apart if folded 4 or 5 times. The dash played up as soon as it rained, the fuel light came on in light rain and the high beam indicator came on in heavy rain.

It all just felt a bit cheap. I do not miss it.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

tuftywhite wrote:Having had a Beta Alp 4.0, I would look at a few different bikes to do detailed comparisons with.

I found the Alp was very cheaply finished and put together, I'd have probably been better buying a second hand something else, than getting the Alp.

My advice would be have a good poke around one, with the saddle and the tank off and make sure you're happy with the quality.

I don't know if they've changed it, but to give you a couple of examples, I replaced the petrol pipe as the OEM stuff came apart if folded 4 or 5 times. The dash played up as soon as it rained, the fuel light came on in light rain and the high beam indicator came on in heavy rain.

It all just felt a bit cheap. I do not miss it.
My thoughts too, having owned one

The Suzuki bits were great (engine,main loom, carb & airbox)
The rest not so good
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Beware. This is what can happen to people who ride Betas...

Return to “TECHNICAL”