spyball alarm

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
blue bus

spyball alarm

Post by blue bus »

spyball Patriot alarm was fitted in 2001 when bike was new R850r to start the bike you press a button on fob flashers will light up for 6-8 seconds press again will flash 1-2 seconds turn ignition and you can here pump start so you can start bike,now for some reason you dont have to use fob also small red flashing light not on you just turn key and it will start .the only thing i have done recent is tape over a worn piece of wiring loom under the tank i have looked at fuse thats ok , so the bike will run but i would to know what the problem is P>S i have tried the reset procedure any help please
daveuprite

Re: spyball alarm

Post by daveuprite »

M/C alarms are the spawn of the devil. More hassle than they're worth. If it's of any help, I fitted a blanking plate to a Meta system a while back in order to disable the whole system. Much easier than trying to remove the whole thing. Cost about 50 Euros and simple to install. A common cause of alarm failure on older bikes is the fact that the alarm has an internal battery which might last say 12-15 years (not the fob battery) and that's when you run into problems. Of course yours could be an entirely different issue, bluebus, but if you don't like the alarm anyway that's a final solution to the whole thing.
blue bus

Re: spyball alarm

Post by blue bus »

thank you for the reply mate i have had the bike 7 years never had a problem with the alarm like i said the bike starts alright what bothers me if the system starts working and i cannot start the bike or cuts out when im riding

Return to “TECHNICAL”