Motorcycle Mover

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
daveuprite

Re: Motorcycle Mover

Post by daveuprite »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:23 pm The spinny round thing can be homemade much cheaper using a "Lazy Susan" type bearing and a bit of durbar plate.
Now you're on to something there. And while you've turning your bike around, you can send dim sum to your mate on the other side of the garage.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

this one looks a cheap `ok`..

((Using a centre stand one, you got to be very careful of the balance when moving, 9if centre stand is on the short dolly) ..especially if the bike is heavy, and top heavy.))
but this guy got a good way of doing it?

I reckon this side stand type is gonna be best? ... (more stable)

as the dolly you are showing is a bit upright for my liking (no dave intended)
https://constands.co.uk/product/dolly-m ... __trashed/
rockdodger

Post by rockdodger »

Again thanks for the replies. It all helps. Gary boy the one the Aprilia guy is using looks like it might work and he makes it look easy to use. I think I’ve found a place locally who do them so may nip for one today.
Will keep you all updated on the problem.
Cheers
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

The centre stand lift under the back wheel is a neat trick for a heavy bike thats hard to get up on centre stand with the extra height, a specially if you leave you side stand out while moving as a safety to lean the bike on if any problem. I use the stand on a Honda CBF 250 so very light bike and easy to put on centre stand.
Hope you get a solution that you feel comfortable using.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

rockdodger wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:45 am the one the Aprilia guy is using looks like it might work and he makes it look easy to use. I think I’ve found a place locally who do them so may nip for one today.
How smooth is your garage floor, I suspect that most options will struggle if it's too rough?
rockdodger

Post by rockdodger »

My garage floor is pretty good so I don’t think it will cause me any issues but only time will tell.
Cheers
Saint rob

Post by Saint rob »

rockdodger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:15 pm I wonder if anyone uses the one where you put the bike on the side stand and what there experience of using it is like.
I use one of those to move my MT01 around the garage and slide it over so that it's stored tight against one wall. They work quite well and apart from the garage floor obviously needing to be quite smooth it also needs to be clean as small stones (the sort that get stuck in tyre treads) can easily dig in and stop the castors from rolling freely and you end up having to tug the bike back forth to get it moving freely again. No real hardship though, I got mine from Germany via Fleabay about 4 years ago for £85ish
Current bikes: XT1200ZE, MT01, XV750se, TRS 300RR, Scorpa factory 300- still mine despite some thieving scum bag bastard currently having possession of it
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

As the garage is wide enough, could you not do an "Austin Powers" type 1000 point turn?? :mrgreen:

D
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

That’s the trouble with my garage I thought I was being clever covering the floor in 3mm rubber chequerplate to stop warm car tyres sticking to the painted floor but it’s a ball ache moving jacks etc around :D
You live n learn.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “TECHNICAL”