Motorcycle Mover

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
rockdodger

Re: Motorcycle Mover

Post by rockdodger »

Bill-gaz I actually have one I put under the centre stand but find it very difficult to get the bike upon the stand when using it. It takes a considerable amount of effort and hurts my bloody knees. It’s because it’s so difficult to use I’m looking for a different solution
Cheers
scaley

Post by scaley »

Have you tried wheeling the bike up onto wood planks ( raising bike an inch) and then using mover?

Sent from my A8 using Tapatalk

Regards

Scaley
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I know it's a LOT more expensive, and you might think it's a bit mad, but have you considered one of these?

https://www.carturntables.co.uk/motorcycle-turntable/

I had a mate with one in the UK. He lived in High Wycombe, where lots of people live in houses with steep driveways down to garages. He would trigger his electric garage door as he rode down towards the garage, park up on the turntable and swizzle round to face the other way ready for the next ride. Very James Bond... :D

He was a fellow racer and he would also use it to do maintenance on his race bikes, just turning the bike around as needed. Pretty cool.

If you're handy at metalwork/engineering I guess you could make one fairly easily.

Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Silly question, but why not just exit the garage backwards?

D
rockdodger

Post by rockdodger »

Again thanks for the replies. The blank idea could work so may give it a go. The big turntable is ace but the price is way to high. I can’t reverse the bike back up the drive without a land rover with a winch on 😀. I think trying to reverse the bike down into the garage could be a bit risky as the Ténéré 700 is quite a high bike and there is a possibility I could drop it.
Ideally the link I put in my original post seemed a good solution but it looks like nobody uses it. I wonder if anyone uses the one where you put the bike on the side stand and what there experience of using it is like.
If anyone has any ideas or info please let me know
Cheers
biker

Post by biker »

What about using a tin tray to put your centre stand on and then spin it around?
I AM THAT I AM
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

biker wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 pm What about using a tin tray to put your centre stand on and then spin it around?
Surely you've learned by now that the whole point of biking is to spend as much as possible on shiny farkles and bling. Don't ruin it with clever money-saving ideas like that...

(Perhaps some slimey grease underneath the tray?..)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yes ... grease ... good idea ... plenty on the floor around the outside of the tray too ... that way you get to spend lots of quality time in the bike garage 8-)
rockdodger

Post by rockdodger »

If I had room to use a block and tackle then I would do that but I’m sorry grease on the floor just doesn’t appeal as once turned the bike will be moved to the side of the garage leaving grease to be cleaned up.
Cheers
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

The spinny round thing can be homemade much cheaper using a "Lazy Susan" type bearing and a bit of durbar plate.

The only issue being you would need to chock up the rear to get the centre stand down unless yo recessed it (or built the floor up).

I was looking at a mover to move the bikes around out of the way, but never got round to it, so watching in interest.

Return to “TECHNICAL”