Which puncture repair kit

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Flipflop

Which puncture repair kit

Post by Flipflop »

Good morning.
I’ve never carried a puncture repair kit and I’ve only ever had 2 punctures (touch wood) and one of those an overnight so I took the wife’s bike 8-) but I’m wondering when my luck will run out.
Anyway I run K60 scout tyres and wondered if anyone had recommendations for a tubeless repair kit/system to use with 50/50 tyres.
Many thanks
mark vb

Re: Which puncture repair kit

Post by mark vb »

I used to keep a Rema Tip Top tubeless repair kit under my bike seat. It got used a few times and always did the job albeit I used to ride more easy with a plug in the tyre until I changed it. I always considered it wise not to rely on the repair plug as a permanent fix. I also used to keep several extra gas capsules aside from those in the repair pack - always the chance of a second flat on the same ride.
There's quite a few makes of repair kit. I always used to buy them from my local bike or tyre shop, on the basis they were likely to be of reasonable quality rather than take a gamble with a cheaper, unbranded, internet-bought product.
Having run tubed-tyre bikes more recently I've now lost the luxury of a quick fix!
Born2Ride

Post by Born2Ride »

Strangely enough I recently purchased a dyno plug kit. Looks well made and simple to use.

http://www.dynaplug.com/products.html

Previously had good success with a BMW kit with glue and rubber insert although I did have to find a French lorry with an airline to reinflate the tyre as the canisters didn't work to well. The driver was excellent, Saw the problem deployed full Franglaise and he made it his mission to help us digging out his brand new air line and connecting up to the air brake system. One of those moments that shows people are willing to step in when you need a bit of help. Bought him a coffee and all was good with world.
Always an adventure, never a disappointment.
simonw

Post by simonw »

I've successfully used a stop n go "mushroom" kit on an Anakee 3 and carry a compressor rather than cannisters, since they're obviously single use and if one doesn't work, the repair needs remaking or don't have enough of them you're royally screwed!
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

I carry Stop'n'Go, rat tails and a compressor....

D
simonw

Post by simonw »

Which do you find better - the tails or the stop n go?
Chalky723

Post by Chalky723 »

Stop & Go for me - not had any problems with it. The rat tails were a lot more fiddly to use, but I keep them on the bike too because, in theory, you can use a few together for bigger holes - but I've never had to do that yet....

D
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

I've used my Stop&Go many times, even plugged a hole in the wife's run flat tyre on her BMW, easy to use and no glue to go off.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

macvisual

Post by macvisual »

This is the one I carry whilst out and about, made by; Thumps Up.

Glad to say I've never had to use it yet.

mac
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Dynaplug all the others are to much hassle 👍
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

Return to “TECHNICAL”