Clutch help

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
boboneleg

Re: Clutch help

Post by boboneleg »

Brenhden wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:02 pm Ok, so new update.

Whilst my little girl sat on a deck chair listening to Harry Potter audiobook I drained the damn oil and dismantled the frikken foot brake and cracked it open forgetting to sort the bolts onto their cardboard template. Grrr!

I got the new springs out and found one of them was a bit kinked. So put the old ones back in. While I was at it I put the old cable back on. Put it back together (testing the bolts for fit) and found the clutch was now jammed. Swearing furiously under my breath, (while Harry battled the Hungarian Horntail) I opened it up again, remembering the template, and poked the actuator until it worked. I also backed the spring bolts off half a turn. Back together again and re oiled and the judder is gone and I think there is more feel.
Maybe Cornwall is possible after all :)
Hopefully it's right now Brenhden, we've all been there :D
one-legged adventurer
Brenhden

Re: Clutch help

Post by Brenhden »

Asgard wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:40 pm
I also backed the spring bolts off half a turn
:shock:

P.S. Sorry, I should explain the shock smilie.....

The spring bolts need to be nipped right up till they bottom out on the four pegs on the basket, they are not an adjustable component ........................were they done right up on your first investigation of the clutch?
Laid her over opened again and tightened :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “TECHNICAL”