Tiger 800 OBD2 scanner/programmer

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
davsato

Tiger 800 OBD2 scanner/programmer

Post by davsato »

Hi all,
RE; triumph tiger800, is there an off the shelf obd2 programmer thatll do more than just read codes? a mate with a tiger does his own servicing but adjusting throttle bodies is done electronically he says?
Dave
Billy Bananahead

Re: Tiger 800 OBD2 scanner/programmer

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I've got two types of program for my Tiger 800xc, one is the DealerTool program, which always seems to go wrong, and the other is TigerTool, which is better.
DealerTool costs about £65 last time i looked but TigerTool is free from a bloke over on the Tiger 800 forum.
You can adjust the throttle bodies with either program but also in the usual way with a carb synchronising gauge. Well you can on my 13 reg Tiger as there are take-off spigotts on each throttle body.
Any quality OBDII should work with the programs and i even use the same ones on my Transit Custom van.
dave h

Post by dave h »

used to use this on my ktm smt,

can be used on some triumphs,

https://tuneecu.net/TuneECU_En/index.html

dave.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

For basic servicing and resetting the service light any of the above will do what he needs, he only needs to buy a cheap usb cable to connect a laptop to the bikes OBD port, it’s only when you want to do advanced modifications to the engine mapping do you need slightly more sophisticated and costly software

Return to “TECHNICAL”