Fuming is not even close

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Teflon Jnr

Re: Fuming is not even close

Post by Teflon Jnr »

After some research theres nothing that can be done really..just have to take it on the chin at least I know its repaired properly Joy's of buying second hand I suppose
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Teflon Jnr wrote: โ†‘Fri May 08, 2020 10:12 pm When I bought it it was hpi clear but I'm thinking that is bullshit as it has clearly been repaired during the last ownership as it has had an obvious repair to the ignition I'm going to give the dealer I bought it from a call and see what's gone on
Probably been covered, but if it's repaired without recourse to insurance, the HPI system will have nothing because there is nothing to record. It's only for insurance and sometimes police records. If the owner didn't use their insurance any fix won't be recorded. That's life I'm afraid, but I agree it's a bit sucky to say the least.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
bowber

Post by bowber »

I seem to remember my 950 broke some of the wires near the ignition switch, there's meant to be a cable tie that stops the cables flexing at that point and it seems to be missing on some bikes.

Steve
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

bowber wrote: โ†‘Sun May 10, 2020 4:28 pm I seem to remember my 950 broke some of the wires near the ignition switch, there's meant to be a cable tie that stops the cables flexing at that point and it seems to be missing on some bikes.

Steve
I was later thinkng this was a good possibility .. constant turning of the key .. and loose cables ..
so may be quite innocent??
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I donโ€™t think so. The 950 and 990 to some degree did suffer from broken wires in the loom. However this was further around the headstock just past the stamped on VIN number location. The wires broke internally in the multi strand loom.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

This is what I first was concerned about due to researching these bikes a lot before purchasing Ihad read about the snagging loom and that was my first port of call but nothing happened when moving that loom to was a pain staiking few hours till I found this dread full fix but all good now
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ

Return to โ€œTECHNICALโ€