zumo 595lm and maybe other zumo 345 etc custom gpx routes?

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tramp

zumo 595lm and maybe other zumo 345 etc custom gpx routes?

Post by Tramp »

okay im getting the hang of the zumo 595 , can do custom gpx routes on basecamp and the 595 follows them exactly 8-) :D ...

BUT unlike other satnavs when navigating a custom ROUTE its shown on the citynavigator map and the bike symbol is shown on route...but it dosent show distance to next turning or at a rounabout which exit to take ...

it onkly does this when ive chosen destination from the main menu or a postcode and select go...

i had a garmin oregon 600 running the ame route on the same citynav mapping and it worked perfectly :lol: obviuosly the screen size is huge..

if the 595 cant do this its going up for sale :cry: :cry: :roll:
Agent Orange

Re: zumo 595lm and maybe other zumo 345 etc custom gpx routes?

Post by Agent Orange »

Top left icon, tap it. Whilst on the route, ie following the magenta line
Also tap the top long bar. It should show the up coming route,turn by turn. Tap the three bars and choose map.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ohh that makes sense so will try it next time... I had the window with next turn up but it obscured screen..

Why oh why did garmin fuck up a perfectly good system off the 660..if it ain't broke don't mess..
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

hopefully that will sort the issue ..
must admit I am totally confused with the options of different models from Garmin ..
so why did you go for the Zumo rather than the Montana?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sorted it now with some help off the zumo forum :D ...ive rotated the zumo to portrate mode rather than landscape...show written diection across top of map very clearly and shows magenta route too also turn by turn directions..

Apperently i had the city navigator and either the garmin topo spain or opensource maps upset the zumo...as my postcode search wouldnt work eithet...happy biker once again.

Gary in answer fo your quesyion the zumo was cheaper and for my nerds more road than trail works fine...it does tracks and topo maps but ive a oregon 600...again very similar to the montans for trails and as a back up...got the 2 sat navs for the price of a montana ..

We all require something different
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Tramp wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:39 pm Why oh why did garmin fuck up a perfectly good system off the 660..if it ain't broke don't mess..
This is a trend started by Microsoft, then followed by everyone else, just to make sure you keep upgrading and spending money. Windows, 3.1 95, 97, ME, 7, 8, 10 (Word / Excel etc too) and probably more. All designed to be a bit different so they can sell you something you really don't need as the older version will still do the same thing.

So, the answer, comrade, is that the Western Free Market Economy is to blame :lol:

Return to “TECHNICAL”