Petrol: supermarket vs shell etc

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tonibe63

Re: Petrol: supermarket vs shell etc

Post by Tonibe63 »

All sounds like 'spin' to me but then again so is the whole EV hysteria.
As somebody who has dabbled with veg oil/biodiesel/hydrogen/water injection my experience is that making biofuel and also hydrogen takes a heck of a lot of chemicals and electric. I'd also by interested to find out what NoX is produced rather than just talk about CO2 but if they can make the figures for carbon offset look good then it could help the Politicians appear to 'achieve' their radical policies ....... it is the only way.
Either way it will be the motorist that will ultimately pay the price in fuel cost and new vehicles or modification to existing ones.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I see KTM are running Elf fuel now in Moto GP--and they are quicker? Ethanol contains oxygen of course---which has no calorific value, hence "diluting" the HC fuel a bit. It is used primarily in the US to give the Mid west farmers an outlet for all their corn--they have massive processing plants starting with barges full of corn to produce the volumes of ethanol .
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

In 5 -10 years we”ll all be on electric motorcycles, so probably not much relevance the the quality of petrol
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 pm In 5 -10 years we”ll all be on electric motorcycles, so probably not much relevance the the quality of petrol
10 years?, im not sure. Five years?, no chance.
There's a shit load of oil left.
Governments and big business (close friends they be) need to sell this shit and green is only embraced when it can make a buck
johnnyboxer

Petrol: supermarket vs shell etc

Post by johnnyboxer »

Seminole wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:48 pm In 5 -10 years we”ll all be on electric motorcycles, so probably not much relevance the the quality of petrol
10 years?, im not sure. Five years?, no chance.
There's a shit load of oil left.
Governments and big business (close friends they be) need to sell this shit and green is only embraced when it can make a buck
I will be driving an electric car within 5-10 years for sure
I would surprised at not riding an electric bike in a similar time scale too
Electric is taking over in the world of Trials in the dirt bike world - with kids riding Oset electric bikes and ePure eMotion making adult electric Trials bikes and if you turn up at an event now, the numbers are steadily growing from none, 2 years ago
A few chaps in our TRF have electric KTM dirt bikes
The revolution is growing
With the ongoing planned restrictions from governments on combustion engine vehicles, via congestion charges then our Petrol bikes will become outlawed
I can see vehicle restrictions coming into Britain’s National Parks within 5-10 years where we won’t be able to ride in them without paying a charge or some kind of paid for permits
The bicycle world is being revolutionised by ebikes (even I have one) and you can get a 30 mile ride off-road now and ride in areas where motorcycles have been banned from the trails
Electric is the future-embrace it !!

With money we don't have

Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Been mountain biking 25+ years have 1 e bike in the stable never had a car till I was 41. I’m probably greener than most Johnny, but also a realist.
If you really think we might ALL be on electric bikes in 5 years better get selling your other bikes now
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Seminole wrote:Been mountain biking 25+ years have 1 e bike in the stable never had a car till I was 41. I’m probably greener than most Johnny, but also a realist.
If you really think we might ALL be on electric bikes in 5 years better get selling your other bikes now
I said 5-10 years

I didn’t think it would happen in Trials, but the change is slowly happening

Evolution and not revolution

With money we don't have

gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

Synthetic petrol and diesel with no emissions will save our bikes and cars so we don't have to have electric.

Return to “TECHNICAL”