Karcher pressure washers

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Yoyo

Re: Karcher pressure washers

Post by Yoyo »

johnnyboxer wrote:Get a commercial Karcher

Best £1500 you will ever spend

Totally controllable and even on a low pressure setting gets the bikes sparkly clean, due to the volume of water it delivers compared to previous domestic ones I have bought
I sold pressure washers when I worked for Machine Mart for a few years and you are spot on about the volume of water, people go straight for the high PSI and ignore the litres per minute, for bike cleaning it's the only figure to worry about.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

johnnyboxer

Re: Karcher pressure washers

Post by johnnyboxer »

Yoyo wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:Get a commercial Karcher

Best £1500 you will ever spend

Totally controllable and even on a low pressure setting gets the bikes sparkly clean, due to the volume of water it delivers compared to previous domestic ones I have bought
I sold pressure washers when I worked for Machine Mart for a few years and you are spot on about the volume of water, people go straight for the high PSI and ignore the litres per minute, for bike cleaning it's the only figure to worry about.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Indeed

Mine pumps water though like a demon, loads of volume

Pressure is turned right down and cleans the bikes (dirt and road ones) in no time

Low pressure loosens the dirt and doesn't damage bearings and remove decals

Great for all the vehicles at home - truck/cars/vans & bikes

My Mum had one of those cheap domestic Karchers from B&Q and it's piss poor at everything

Something like this is better - volume of water per minute is where you should be looking, not psi

We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “TECHNICAL”