Battery information

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
minkyhead

Re: Battery information

Post by minkyhead »

im unsure ..but i can tell you this ..i have two jmt batterys one on a crf rally and one on a klx ..ive a skyrich on me ccm ..im unserstanding jmts are made by skyrich ..so i read

.i carry a spare thats now 5 years old and carrys full charge for a year with no topping up

i had a draw on the klx ...usb thingy that flattened the battery 0.01

with a lithium charger you should get 90 percent charge in 10 mins ..same on me ccm left a phone charger on it .....13.4 volts from zero in 6 mins ...
im no expert on lithiums but think you need a proper charger for them
the point here i think is that if the battery is good and charged with the right charger it should have enough bant in it to start yer bike after ten mins
thats my expiriance with them

id be inclined to buy a charger ....good or bad battery your going to need one in the future i guess
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Youngangus

Post by Youngangus »

Hi everyone I need a new battery for my gp 450
However I don’t know what to order as the sticker has worn and can’t get information pls help
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

I've gathered that there's a difference between lead acid chargers and lithium ion chargers - potentially a dumb question but can you still jump start a vehicle with a lithium battery or is that a big no no?

Edit so according to da Google

https://msxxfast.wordpress.com/2018/02/ ... e-battery/

You can but carefully and with a procedure, not sure any of us would remember all of the details in an emergency though

Ta
H
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Youngangus wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:43 am Hi everyone I need a new battery for my gp 450
However I don’t know what to order as the sticker has worn and can’t get information pls help
These are pretty good.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I use these...not light, not cheap, but really tough and powerful. Thin-plate lead and (I believe) made in Wales.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/odyssey/
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

Disconnect the battery and charge it. Type of charger does not matter,,, but you need to monitor the charge. As soon as it reaches 13.8 volts it's fully charged. That is how the bike charges it. Let the battery then stand disconnected for a week. If the charge has dropped to zero the battery is bad. If the battery has voltage over 12 your bike is bad.
Champagne taste on beer budget.

Return to “TECHNICAL”