Himalayan side stand

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Jak*

Himalayan side stand

Post by Jak* »

Hi, one of the very few things that annoys me about the Himalayan is the length of the sidestand. It is just too bloody long. If you park on uneven ground it feels like the thing will tip over and finding a piece of ground that slopes the right way can be a pain when opening and closing gates. I am hoping to take an angle grinder and welder to mine over the Xmas break. It beats watching telly. Has anyone altered theirs yet and if so how much did you shorten it by?
Cheers Jak
Trevor Twobikes

Re: Himalayan side stand

Post by Trevor Twobikes »

The way I shortened the side stand my bike - not a Himalayan - was to run the bike up on a piece of 2 x 4 broad side down. Lower the side stand and then pack thin pieces of wood and hardboard under the stand until I got the angle I wanted. Then measured the height of the stack and the difference between that and the wood under the bike is approximately what should be taken off the stand.

Hope this helps

Trevor
crofty

Re: Himalayan side stand

Post by crofty »

IMG_20181103_145539732.jpg
IMG_20181103_145539732.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
A quick fix is to grind a little of the side stand stop. If you do this go easy and check the angle after a few seconds as you don,t need much off

Return to “TECHNICAL”