New wheels brake problem yea or nea

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Tramp

Re: New wheels brake problem yea or nea

Post by Tramp »

mike you need different brake caliper mounting arms :woohoo: ...or different rotors which is probably cheaper option..
Mikekitts81

New wheels brake problem yea or nea

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I bought some new wheels for my baghira 660. well new to the bike but not new they second hand I searched high and low in UK and gremany for a year and couldn't get them anywhere until I looked on ebay the other day on the off chance and straight away they popped up there for me :) a nice guy from down Barnsley way said he would take the listing off for the agreed price of 260 quid and I could go down. belting I thought went down two wheels and 2 more separate tires aswell nearly new still got the coloured lines on them so at this point iam Happy as larry ... so then I get home thinking belting straight swap no fabricating spacers or anything as they from another baghira anyway so no problems. I change both my 17s over and put the 18/21 ones on instead k60 scout tire on the 21 front and a mt90 scorpion tire on the 18 rear .so I gets them ready to do the swap and it was simple straight in straight out belting I thought no problems just looking at it .then came the ride I just been out to a local lane the bike handles lovely so good with gear ratio etc iam even thinking of going 18/17 when I run as a supermoto... anyway I am going down the lane everything seems right all is stopping fine everything tight and in places but there was only one problem. I have since noticed when getting home that my front brakes and pads are only grabbing 3/4 of the disc and not the hole circumfrence of the area of connection. So am I looking at a disaster if I don't get a bigger one that's seats perfect or would you just leave it as it's only when iam going off road I'll have the wheels on I won't be doing the speeds etc like when iam on the supermoto wheels so would I be stupid to not change the disc size if I can find one big enough or would you say leave it as it is.. The braking effort etc hasn't changed and it stops all fine ..
Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Swap the disc rotors over. You might need new pads now, too.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

That's were the problem comes I can't find a disc that would fit as it's a 2003 mz baghira parts are hard to come across and the standard size disc doesn't fit my supermoto trim and the pattern on my supermoto wheels look different from the enduro wheels ... my supermoto wheels take the disc of a 1999 r1 front disc ... but the enduro wheel looks like it's as a different pattern all together . Iam thinking the only way to do it is go a scrap yard and take the disc of both and find the right pattern and size from something else ... gonna look again today thou and see what I can do
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to “TECHNICAL”