Why I hate f***ing Mac

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
robson

Why I hate f***ing Mac

Post by robson »

Because I'm allowed to do only what Mr. Jobs wanted me to do :evil:
I'm sick and tired of telling me what I need and what I don't need,
as obviously Apple knows better...

As many of us I have fallen into marketing and good look of Mac products illusion
but soon I have realized how limiting they are really. My Macs are now laying
around dusted at home and used seldom for browsing net only.

IMO they have some use only for non technical, older people or kids.

Mawnanian

Re: Why I hate f***ing Mac

Post by Mawnanian »

Non technical, old people and kids is the secret of their success, especially the first. They're a tool not a lifestyle.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm glad I'm old and non technical because Windows 10 on my laptop has seen it left unloved unless I need to retrieve something from the past that's still on the hard drive.

MacBook Pro laptop from more tha 6 years ago? I wish I'd replaced the battery rather than sulking about the cost and buying another laptop with Windows as the operating system.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I'm non technical & really couldn't give 2 f*cks over computers, likely why I'm still running a 10 year old macbook.

I doubt they build em like they used to though :(
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
spasm

Post by spasm »

luv my macbook pro, and ive got a macbook 7 years old does everything i need it too, no messing about
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Don't really think there is a need to hate either mac's or PC's,they are just different computers for different people.

I used pro macs for years,tried PC's but they're just not on it when it comes to music production. All handed down to parents and family over time. 85 year olds and macs ? perfect match !

Iv'e gone from pro macs to iMac now, they are just phenominal running software that would have once required Nasa computers to run and the fans barely ever kick in ! (thumbs)

Firinmac.png
Firinmac.png (217.19 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Even my (6yr old) Macbook pro gets warmish running the same software.

PC's ? alright for geeks I s'pose, you can fiddle and fix 'em all day where as you just wake the mac and do proper work straight out the box
Ali in Austria

Post by Ali in Austria »

I have used Macs for the last 6 years and have never looked back after switching from Windows and all the frustrations they caused, especially with video editing.

Brand new top of the range 27" iMac makes my Video Editing etc a breeze. Not cheap but it was bought via the business :)

2 x 6 yr old iMacs now lounge elsewhere in the house as back ups, extra terminals, UK TV whatever.

I have Windows 10 via Parallels for the odd occasion when I need to use something that does not run on a Mac which really only involves a couple of pieces of software to upgrade Firmware on my Gimbals and Drone and a printer used for our local Tourist Office purposes because they haven't got their heads around Macs yet.

I have had a quick play on Windows 10. Certainly different to my last experience which was Vista.

We run iPhones, iPads, Apple TV and the computers around the house and everything talks to each other so easily.

Perfect for my needs (thumbs)
robson

Post by robson »

Ali in Austria wrote:I have used Macs for the last 6 years and have never looked back after switching from Windows and all the frustrations they caused, especially with video editing.
exactly, Mac is good only for very narrow specific tasks where you can do only what Apple given application was meant to do. Video editing, music production software etc. Very inflexible tool for for creative usage.
Ourdavid

Post by Ourdavid »

I've used every version of windoze up to 7, various flavours of Linux and hate with a passion Android. I now own an iPad air2 MacBook Pro and iPhone 6 and I've never been more content the stuff works. Yes iOS is restrictive but like most things there are work a rounds you just need to look.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I really don't understand your hostility robson, apart from the fact the comp is just a thing ( rather than a life defining concept) in all my years of ownership I've spent about £30 on upgrades. There's shed loads of free software for everything I've ever needed. I am just mainly a surfer though
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything

Return to “TECHNICAL”