bmw 450 side stand

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
chunky butt

bmw 450 side stand

Post by chunky butt »

Bit of a long shot this but the side stand has snapped once to often now, its been welded, modified, strengthend....re welded, kicked , beaten, and bollocksed. If I'd made one out of wood it would of lasted longer !!!! so just seeing if before I go out to get a mortgage for a new one, maybe one of you kind gents might have one kicking around they might want to flog me !!!!!! I'll try ukgser aswell.....

Thanks in advance, steve
Tramp

Re: bmw 450 side stand

Post by Tramp »

What about france and germany too as they are as.common over there lol..

Lebencoin.fr ....look under moto bmwg450... A few.guys off here live out there so could help etc...my ccm one is the same...long legs like a model but snaps as easily.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

cheers tramp...I live in france and have looked on all the sites....maybe theres none about as there made of chocolate and melt or something. Think might have to bite the bullit and order another german "chocolate stick" to prop the panzer up !!!!!
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Rugged Roads sell additional side stands but these are mainly for the opposite side of the bike

Worth a look at some rally bike companies over there to see what they have
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Get a lump of steel and make your own Steve !!!! or find a tree :laugh:
MR X

Post by MR X »

with the size of the trees he has in his garden you would have thought he would of whittled some thing by now :laugh:

your side stand id fecked as you should not park the Panzer upside down on top of other bikes , luckey for you I was just out of range with the camera :woohoo:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Don't know what your talking about mark,(sure I paid you good money not to mention my parking). Yeah its mullered once again, although did get nice thick bit of steel today to try and replicate the top piece that's snapped just where it pivots. Still there's nothing on the telly!!!!!
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

:laugh: :laugh:

Just made some rad guards for the Husky Steve ......all for about €5 and not the €100 the shop wanted (thumbs) like you say "Telly's Shite"

Return to “TECHNICAL”