thinking of buying a DRIFT GHOST camera feed back please

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
bimota

thinking of buying a DRIFT GHOST camera feed back please

Post by bimota »

Hi guys,
thinking of buying above camera anybody using thoughts please plus any niggles.

cheers
rob
vRSG60

Re: thinking of buying a DRIFT GHOST camera feed back please

Post by vRSG60 »

I have one and recorded this.
I like it, the remote is handy, you can stop/start and also change the fuction from video to stills etc whilst on the move.
There is a video tag function which keeps the camera running but only records a preset time wwhen you press start. The last minute, the next minute and a further minute. Or whatever time you set it to.
Also theres a car video function where it keeps recording all the time and when it's filled the card it overwrites the 1st bit.
you can save 3 settings configurations and recall each one depending on your needs.
Only problem I have is that it doesn't save the car function setting in profiles you have to keep turning it on or off manually.
All in all a great camera and I'd recommend one.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

+1 for the drift ghost.

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

I had a Drift Stealth 170 for about 3years, used it on the bike, snowboard, rain, extreme temperatures,not a single problem ever. Love the Drift quality, some months ago upgraded to the newer smaller Ghost, can't fault it so far.Some spare batteries and charger off ebay-shame there is no option for fat battery as in Stealth but hey, the Ghost is half the size of the other.
I've heard there might be some issues with the newer firmware so I haven't touched it,factory version works fine for me.
All in one,great camera,small,easy to work with, complete waterproof,remote control,pairing with your phone(I personally don't use it,waste of battery)what more can you ask from a camera? (thumbs)
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I've purchased the Stealth2 which I can't fault; as mentioned the Remote is a brilliant accessory worth having. I'm having difficulty getting the films to play on my laptop after trying to edit them but that's a software thing most likely.

Why not compare the specs for the Ghost and the Stealth2 and see if the extra cash is worth spending? The main drawback with the Stealth2 is that you only have a 3 hour battery life, after which it must be recharged with the waterproof cover off and there is no option of a spare battery.

If anyone knows how to convert film to view please do tell, all I've got is a series of ! marks in a yellow triangle???
bimota

Post by bimota »

cheers guys,

are you using the sd card that came with camera, or have you got a larger one
if so what sd card are you using and how long does standard one last compared to
the one you,ve bought.

thanks

rob
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

bimota wrote:cheers guys,

are you using the sd card that came with camera, or have you got a larger one
if so what sd card are you using and how long does standard one last compared to
the one you,ve bought.

thanks

rob

The Stealth2 at least doesn't come with any SD cards; they recommend purchasing 32GB Class 10 cards. Before first use, you have to format the card to the camera for it to work.

http://www.picstop.co.uk/sandisk-ultra- ... 10-32gb-eu
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Really pleased with my ghost, had it at least 2 yrs. The remote was the clincher when I bought, but if I was buying now I get the Stealth.
Not all those wandering are lost
bimota

Post by bimota »

hi guys,
still waiting for my ghost camera, can i ask does it record video on its own memory
and if so how long does its own memory last.

if you need a sd card to record on to whats the best card to buy,

and when the camera is on the helmet and its turned on to record as your riding will it continue recording untill you turn it off, as the first reply about car recording and it only films a minute at present etc confused this idiot abit.

just need a bit of help on using guys

cheers

rob
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Needs micro sd card. Can't remember what type off hand. It will record continuously and save so many seconds on either aide of hitting the remote. The time is changeable. Or, leave on standby and hit remote to record when you want. Lots of options in the settings. Battery last about 3 hers, I have 2 extras and try and swap them round before they run out. I think my micro sd card is 32 or 64 gb, so I don't need to swap cards.
Not all those wandering are lost

Return to “TECHNICAL”