Tourance vs TKC70

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
knobblywobbly

Tourance vs TKC70

Post by knobblywobbly »

Hi Folks,

It's time for a new front tyre for my Caponord. The current tyre is a Tourance on which I have done over 12000 miles, and it was already on the bike when I bought it.
I have to do a little offroading everytime I leave the house, but only a couple of miles of rocky gravel track with a few areas which have turned to a fine dust/sand. I do occasionally ride other similar gravel tracks but that's usually when I've gotten myself lost! The majority of my riding is road based, albeit sometimes very poor roads.
So... do you think there'd be any benefit in changing to a TKC70 in terms of better performance offroad, or are they much the same as a Tourance (they do look a bit similar)? Am I likely to get the same kind of mileage from a TKC70?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
D16PJM

Re: Tourance vs TKC70

Post by D16PJM »

I would imagine you will soon get people saying tourance are now Chinese made and not very good but with the exchange rate and the euro you can get a set (110 and 150)for £136 delivered, its what I will be changing to when my present ones are worn out.

Pete
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I have had a rear TKC70 on for about 6k+, the front for 4K+. Previously had Tourance Next, before that the EXP. I like the TKC70's. Did a 3.5k tour to the Alps last month and pushed them hard. No problems whatsoever. When I first had the rear it "white lined" occasionally. I put in an extra few pounds when I was away for a few days with the wife as pillion. No whitelining... so I kept the pressures the same. Not noticed it since.
I've done a few green lanes and simple trails. They're significantly better than the Next, about the same as the EXP. ie, ok on packed gravel, grass, shallow mud with a firm base, fords etc. However, they're not knobblies and I know my limits. The front can be a little noisy on some roads and is developing a sculpted wear pattern.
I'll have another pair when they wear out.
This is on a 1200GSA.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

D16PJM wrote:I would imagine you will soon get people saying tourance are now Chinese made and not very good but with the exchange rate and the euro you can get a set (110 and 150)for £136 delivered, its what I will be changing to when my present ones are worn out.

Pete

I've just bought a set of Tourance. Rear made in Germany, front made in Brazil.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
ExplorerRob

Post by ExplorerRob »

Tourance (not the next) i found to be great,keep an eye on pressure or it will wear fast.12k is fantastic im getting around 10k,for more off road karroo 3 ,tried the next changed after 4k not good.
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

ExplorerRob wrote:Tourance (not the next) i found to be great,keep an eye on pressure or it will wear fast.12k is fantastic im getting around 10k,for more off road karroo 3 ,tried the next changed after 4k not good.

What pressures you running your Tourances at mate?
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop

Return to “TECHNICAL”