Yuasa Motobatt or Powerline

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
trophydave

Re: Yuasa Motobatt or Powerline

Post by trophydave »

The Motobatt on my Tiger has just failed after only 2 1/2 years.I don't think that I will bother with one of those again.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

trophydave wrote:The Motobatt on my Tiger has just failed after only 2 1/2 years.I don't think that I will bother with one of those again.
I'm glad I read this.Everyone on Triumph Torque seems to rave about Motobatt so that's what I would have bought next time but my last Yuasa lasted 10 years so I think I'll just stick with them. (thumbs)
Cleo

Post by Cleo »

Thanks guys....might stick to yuasa, meant to say, I've also had GS
threepot

Post by threepot »

I know someone who works in the parts trade..they get a lot of Motobatts returned!
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Me too - Motobatt failed after sfirteen months on my Beta Alp :( - got a replacement (another make) on warranty though (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Angel

Post by Angel »

Bit worried now. I have been selling and recommending Motobatt for years. Never had a problem except for one that didn't work straight out of the box. All the rest have been great. Having look trough this thread I'm wondering if I've just been incredibly lucky and should stop selling them while I'm ahead. As I say, no problems of any kind so far.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Well you are a more representative 'sample' than us lot, so maybe a +1 for Motobatt after all :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I put a Motobatt in my Tenere and it seemed to crank the bike over faster but the first time it went completely flat (my fault) it refused to take a charge no matter what I tried and in the end I binned it. Three months old :(
Rust

Post by Rust »

Had a Motobatt lose a cell after just a couple of months (took care of it too, always on an optimate when left for more thaan a few days)
To be fair they replaced it and the new one is doing ok after about 6 months, I'll stick to Yuasa next time, never had a Yuasa go bad.
Cleo

Post by Cleo »

I'll stick to yuasa

But right now i think a battery's the least of my problems (see other post)

Return to “TECHNICAL”