ACF50

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Selous

ACF50

Post by Selous »

Hi all I have been of the forum for some time due to change in pers circumstances.

Any hoo, I think most of us use ACF 50 for winter, but noticed MCN have a artical regarding all year biker & HALO who wash degrease apply ACF50 then wax it.

http://allyearbiker.co.uk/

this has now been aproved by Honda Kwak Duke & BM

thoughts comments on paying £60.00 for someone to it to your bike

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
bond_yzf

Re: ACF50

Post by bond_yzf »

Im considering having it done

considering I went and bought cleaning kit and acf50 last weekend and that came to £50 odd
steve172

Post by steve172 »

I have just had it done to my bike with AllYear Biker in Glasgow, results look good but this is my first time having had it done and was only this week so can't comment on long term results yet but will let you know after the winter :)
Selous

Post by Selous »

bond_yzf wrote:Im considering having it done

considering I went and bought cleaning kit and acf50 last weekend and that came to £50 odd
Really £60.00 for the guy to do it for you! so say a £10 might as well let him do it lol

Although speaking to a few that have had it done the guy is telling them to get
a polly bag that seals
Microfiber cloth & ACF50

spary ACF 50 on cloth seal in bag it then impregnates cloth.
then later on once bike is dirty was it off then just wipte it with the impregnated cloth.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

Chesterfield Triumph have a deal on. Bike valet and full AFC 50 treatment for £40.

I have done mine my self. One can of AFC50, £1.50 pack of wilco paint brushes. Clean bike and apply sparingly with paint brush.

Don't think I'll be able to leave it all winter without cleaning, I must fulfill my cleaning fetish. I'll parafin it once a month and re-aply.

Cheers Dave.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

All year biker do a top job. Did mine a couple of years ago. Bike was like a pin, and well worth the money £40, then. If anything it gives you a lot of info and some good tips. Downside cost me another £100 for a really good bike drier blower thingy. The main trick is have it done about now and don't deep clean till all the salt has gone....now that IS hard.
Adeybee

Post by Adeybee »

Me and my Buddy had our Tigers done at Triumphworld, Chesterfield last December ish, I must say, if I was to clean my bike for 6 hour solid I couldnt get it that good, I was amazed how clean it was, thinking of doing it again this year, Im not a big fan of cleaning, much sooner ride.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

The thing to note about doing it yourself v the likes of AYB... they cover the bike and spray a mist under the cover, the mist penetrates all the areas you can't reach with a brush/cloth. This makes the difference to the areas you can't see which would begin to corrode otherwise.

Providing the results of my first ACF50 treatment, I'd rather pay £120 a year for two coatings every 6 months. It's not really an awful lot of money tbh if it preserves your bike to a higher standard.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hi,
First, I'm obviously not charging enough. Just had a customer roll up and I charged him £30.00. I use the proper ACF50 aircraft applicator and high pressure air. OK his bike was clean so I didn't clean it for him.
Second, I did some decent testing to prove it works Click to see test results
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

If you warm the ACF50 can up in a bucket of hot water it works a lot better and comes out much finer.

Also some people will say just spray it on and leave it all winter..be wary of this...if you use your bike in the rain several times and cover a good distance the ACF50 will be washed off..i know...i have seen the result.

It's great stuff and i do use it but it's not a spray and leave wonder thing.

You do need to look after a bike if you use it in the winter.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “TECHNICAL”