Video question

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Kenbo

Video question

Post by Kenbo »

Bought myself a mini sports cam to attach to the bike from E-Bay
[ebay]351149005042[/ebay]

Added to this a

SanDisk 32GB Ultra Micro SD (SDHC) Card Class 10 UHS

All moving pictures are blurred so does anyone know if I have done something wrong or is the camera just a pice of c@@p
special one

Re: Video question

Post by special one »

Does it have an adjustable focus? Sometimes the lense at the front can be adjusted.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

No it does not. When stopped the camera will focus on objects at different distances.
I will post some video tomorrow. Scrubbed what I had when formating the card again.
viince

Post by viince »

just a thought it hasn't got a clear lense protector on it
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

I would say that it's the FPS speed not being able to coupe with the constant re-focusing, and the lack of anti vibration software.
Midland XTC range are not bad, if you don't want to pay Go Pro or Drift prices, or the lidl HD for £50 that comes up every now and then. (thumbs)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Good call never thought of that
No
No cling film over lense. Took the clear lense cover off that makes it water proof and no diference to the film quality. (just uploading a bit of film to photobucket.)
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

I can't see the picture of your camera on this iPad for some reason :unsure:

I've an old bullet cam that worked fine and then suddenly went off focus on a trip. It wasn't meant to be adjustable focus, but after peeling a sticker off I found that the lens cover unscrewed and the lens itself was on a thread. I readjusted it using the garden fence to focus on (dvr has a screen on it) and used a dab of tippex to lock it in place before replacing the lens cover.

It was off focus completely though so maybe that's not what you're experiencing?
Andy17

Post by Andy17 »

You could try reformatting the SD card. :woohoo: Have you tried doing it on your computer? My Drift use to have a freezing/Laggy problem even with a good SD card. I just simply plug the camera in my computer and use it as an external hard drive. I would imagine you can still do that for most cameras these days. You can view the data stored on the SD card while its still slotted inside the camera.

If your using Windows, Go to MY COMPUTER and you should see the camera being recognised as a drive. Right click and select formate (Make sure theres nothing on the SD card you don't want to lose :ohmy: )

Hope this helps, it has certainly worked for me (thumbs)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Stewie
I was leaning towards (though not in such technical terms) your sugestion. Untill
I uploaded a short film to Photobucket. when I viewed the film on line the picture was clear (not perfect but 95% clearer)the lag seams to have disapeared. Downloaded the film to my hard drive but it was still as bad as before the upload. So now thinking it might be my viewing software that is to fault.

Fordy
Havent posted film yet for the reasons above. Good tip about the tipiex will keep that in mind.

Andy
Need to get a card reader as I have been doing everything with the card in the camera and teatherd to the USB port including reformating twice.
special one

Post by special one »

Are you sure your PC is up to the job? My films on my gopro have to be edited and played on my iPad as my PC can't cope.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.

Return to “TECHNICAL”