Maxxicross It report

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
AndyB

Re: Maxxicross It report

Post by AndyB »

Mike54 wrote:
moto al wrote:
Mike54 wrote:If you guys want a really mega tyre which is good for most things and fine on tarmac, look at the maxxis SI. Still listed as a 120, but actual size is 132. Fully road legal despite the 19mm knobs. More grip than the IT in the snotty stuff and particularly awesome on wet grass and anything shitty
Mike you don't happen to sell them,by any chance.....eh.and here's me thinkin you not supposed to advertise on the forum :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Al. :)
Yes Al we do sell them, but you'll note that I didn't draw attention to that or even mention it, and they are available all over, but thanks for the advert (thumbs)
I hadn't realised you did tyres Mike. I'll drop you a pm because I need a spare pair to keep at home ready for my winter trip in case it gets a bit nasty.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Mike54 wrote:
moto al wrote:
Mike54 wrote:If you guys want a really mega tyre which is good for most things and fine on tarmac, look at the maxxis SI. Still listed as a 120, but actual size is 132. Fully road legal despite the 19mm knobs. More grip than the IT in the snotty stuff and particularly awesome on wet grass and anything shitty
Mike you don't happen to sell them,by any chance.....eh.and here's me thinkin you not supposed to advertise on the forum :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: Al. :)
Yes Al we do sell them, but you'll note that I didn't draw attention to that or even mention it, and they are available all over, but thanks for the advert (thumbs)
Your more than welcome. Mike. :woohoo: :woohoo: Al xxx
moto al
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

I can't find the Michelin comp 3 or 6 locally, only the comp 4, is that a comparable tyre?
Although, with the pond strong against the euro, the metzler 6 day extreme is around £40.
There is also an extreme hard, is that just a harder compound rubber?
Not all those wandering are lost
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Comp 4 are really good, bit harder than the 6. Comp 3 are sold by pretty much every enduro/mx/offroad shop in the country though?

The 6 day extreme is a cracking tyre, lasts well in our experience (5 riders). I like the wider front, the extreme hard only comes in 90/90 size for the fronts, and if you use a mich M16 front mousse, its a nicer ride with the standard 6 days extreme in 90/100
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your input on this.
Looks like a Metzler for the front as the price is right.
France is now local so choice can be a bit limited.
Not all those wandering are lost
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Finally got around to trying a Maxxis Maxxcross IT Pro
Hope it’s going to be ok
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “TECHNICAL”