F800GS Tax Disk Location

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
eforde

F800GS Tax Disk Location

Post by eforde »

F800GS owners, where do you put yours? Found a couple of places but none seem ideal.

Dealer (Ireland) suggested not to bother but I have licence test coming up and probbaly best not to rack up on illegal bike.

Many thanks!
Mark1961

Re: F800GS Tax Disk Location

Post by Mark1961 »

I have stuck mine under my seat, using fablon in the past. (Fablon being that stick backed clear plastic)

Now I carry it in my wallet which I always carry with me.

If the old bill stop and question me It is because I have had a few stolen in the past off the bike.
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

The tax disc for my F800 GS is somewhere on or near the A610 in the vicinity of MFN.

The tax disc for my TTR is somewhere in the Peak District, probably around Brushfields.

The DVLA want £7 to replace them, "it's in the post officer"; roll on the day when they're done away with...
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Harper wrote:The tax disc for my F800 GS is somewhere on or near the A610 in the vicinity of MFN.

The tax disc for my TTR is somewhere in the Peak District, probably around Brushfields.

The DVLA want £7 to replace them, "it's in the post officer"; roll on the day when they're done away with...
be aware that if you require the services of the RAC and they turn up to a bike (or car) without a valid tax disc they will leave you there stranded as they did to my son.
He broke down but the disc was in another jacket at home, they turned up alright, but said no because the bike didn't show a tax disc.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
ross dean

Post by ross dean »

I put mine here (first image) ... and lost one here (second image) - two different bikes because I like them :silly:

I fixed it using an engine protection bar bolt behind the bars but lost a disc when falling over on some ruts (toooooo slowww) - the glass front was dragged off the cheap holder. If riding on trails best do as advised above with fablon but somewhere visible on the bodywork as that is the law and the police notice that sort of thing if they stop you.

I am no expert on trail riding, by the way, but have seen seasoned riders fix the discs as described and its seems like a good anti casual theft solution as well.
Attachments
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg (366.85 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
0902081.JPG
0902081.JPG (51.69 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
There is something about life and dress rehearsal that I need to remember ...
nug800

Post by nug800 »

I laminate mine then wrap it around the fork leg between the yokes and fasten with cable ties. Not obvious to the average toe rag but easy to show to Mr plod.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

CIMG0431.jpg
CIMG0431.jpg (74.42 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Brads

Post by Brads »

Haven`t had a disc on any of my bikes for a few years now, no point, the relevant parties can tell if it is taxed without the disc

They are doing away with them anyway, so I wouldn`t worry bout it too much.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
eforde

Post by eforde »

I have placed 'disc' on rear chain guard mounting. Probably get filthy dirty but only has to last a couple of weeks until after test when it will be tucked safely back in pocket or...

Like the idea of sticking to underside of seat. Though the law might get a little worried if I dismount bike to present details. Once tried to get out of my car when asked to present details and they must have thought I was making a run for it so forcibly prevented door from opening!*?!

Anyway, good to know that I am not the only one to drive around without disc clearly showing.

Many thanks!
russh

Post by russh »

Mine's on the lower front mudguard mount, the bike came like that from the dealers. Although the tax disc is out of date, the current one is in my wallet, I just keep forgetting to fit it!
tax_disc.jpg
tax_disc.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
---------

F800GS - broom broom yeah!

Return to “TECHNICAL”