anakee 2's discontinued

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
spasm

anakee 2's discontinued

Post by spasm »

ive sent an email to michelin, asking why they would replace a fantastic tyre that out performs most others with a load of rubbish like the anakee 3. in so many words ive told them they must be crazy and will lose hundreds of customers.
it looks terrible and squares off almost immediately, im fuming as my tyre fitter had to search round to get my a set of 2's then telling me that would be my last set and if i want more theres a supplier in wales that has 8 pairs left so i should buy them now WTF. :angry:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Treadtrader

Re: anakee 2's discontinued

Post by Treadtrader »

They call it progress.

Fitted my last stock of 2's so I've 10,000 miles before I need to decide if I try the 3's.

Tyre trade has always done this, replace a popular tyre with a new model that is'nt always better.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
spasm

Post by spasm »

theres alot of bad reports on the 3's already you would be hard pushed to find a better tyre than the 2, great in dry/wet/gravel/wet grass.
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

Anakee 2 is a fantastic tyre.Last ones for my Tiger came from Germany,found online quote that beat anything here in Uk by far,delivery included.I'm sure they'll bring it back in production,there will be bikers protest marches around the world :)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

spasm wrote:theres alot of bad reports on the 3's already you would be hard pushed to find a better tyre than the 2, great in dry/wet/gravel/wet grass.
Any links to them?
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

What's not good about the Anakee 3?......The Anakee 2s I have at present need replacing very soon,and I'd assumed the 3s would be as good/better!
(I'm only a road rider,so off-roadperformance isn't important to me)
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I've been so disappointed with the Anakee 3. They've squared off after only 3000 miles.

I wrote to Michelin last week and had a long email back from Tony Charlton at Michelin (2 wheels dept). He has asked if I had been running the tyres at the correct pressure etc, so which I have replied, I'm using the tyre in the same way as I have done with the previous Anakee 2.

He told me that Michelin are using a different compound and it should last longer than the 2 without compromising the wet weather grip.

If anyone would like Tony's email address, PM me as I don't want to put it on here incase of spammers etc.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

I've liked the Anakee 2s in terms of grip etc, but have found the mileage disappointing..... using Honda's recommended pressures the current rear needs replacing very soon, after about 3000 miles, and the last set weren't a lot better. It had squared off by about 2200 miles - I've been down to the TWIs for a few hundred miles now. (And it's only a 650 Transalp, so not excessive power !)
GB

Post by GB »

I had the 2's on mt first 1200 and thought they were a great tyre, especially in the wet. I haven't tried the 3's as I am besotted with the K60's, they last longer, better off road and considering the tread pattern are quite remarkable in the wet, if you cant find any more 2's I'd try the K60's
Finally back on a GS :D
africajim

Post by africajim »

I've just fitted Anakee 2's to my Crosstourer, I've done over 100k miles on Anakee 2's over the years and have faith in the product. Going by the reviews on the Anakee 3's I will probably change from Michelin after this set.
My Africa Twin is running Tourances which I've found to be quite good wet or dry over this winter, life is poor though, 3500 miles and there's not a lot left, but it might see 5k + miles.
I am considering 60's for the @T next winter.
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “TECHNICAL”