Help wanted - bleed brakes - Vara 125

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
BushcraftBarmy

Post by BushcraftBarmy »

Hello everyone.

A big request seeing as I barely know you all and have met only 1 in real life. (Freeloadeur) :blush:

My concerns were confirmed last night at the Ace Cafe by an experienced rider/bike DIY'er that my brake fluid levels are in deed right on the line, so need bleeding and a top up. Apparantly there is plenty of life in the front/rear pads so no worries there. :)

I am aware it's not the hardest job in the world, but I have very few tools and feel nervous about servicing such a critical part of the bike. :unsure:

So I wonder if there is anyone in the London area that would be willing to help me do the job ideally today, or at your convenience? I would be happy to renumerate you at, "mates rates" for yout time, or I can owe you a favour, OR, you can rack up some Karma points, always a good'un! :laugh: (I do have a few skills on offer)

I know the O.M.C. is there, but I just trying to save a few pennies where possible, I'm sure you remember starting out in the biking world, and how costly it all is. I haven't won the Lottery yet.

I was planning to do a run to Brighton to meet a mate for late lunch on the beach today, but I don't think I can go with such low brake fluid levels in the belief it's not safe? :(

Any offer of help would be seriously appreciated. I know all our time is precious and we have families/jobs/barbeques to play with etc :P

BB
knobbly

Re: Help wanted - bleed brakes - Vara 125

Post by knobbly »

Hi BB,
Where abouts in London are you?
BushcraftBarmy

Post by BushcraftBarmy »

Sent a PM instead.
Stumpyfingers

Post by Stumpyfingers »

I am in south London close to the Crystal Palace if you need help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ubique 895

Post by Ubique 895 »

Hey bushcraft,

Can't help today with your pads put I'm sure Matt would sort you out down at OMC.

Check out they're basic maintance courses as well, £35 for 2.5-4 hours covering lots of things(tea and biscuits included!) Run last Tuesday of the month I think.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
BushcraftBarmy

Post by BushcraftBarmy »

Stumpyfingers wrote:I am in south London close to the Crystal Palace if you need help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ubique 895 wrote:Hey bushcraft,

Can't help today with your pads put I'm sure Matt would sort you out down at OMC.

Check out they're basic maintance courses as well, £35 for 2.5-4 hours covering lots of things(tea and biscuits included!) Run last Tuesday of the month I think.
Thanks to Stumpyfingers and Ubique895 for the info and offer of help.

Knobbly beat you all to it and kindly invited me to his place where we sorted the front and rear and they now stop like I forgot to remove the disk lock! B)

His tea making skills were pretty decent too. :P Now where did the admin put that karma button, it needs pressing... :blink:

ps: I'll probably have a go at the OMC course, been aware of it for a bit now.

Return to “TECHNICAL”