advice wanted please

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
garyboy

Re: advice wanted please

Post by garyboy »

So .. do we want an unreliable bike that's always breaking down, but easy to fix ... or a very reliable modern bike that 'never' breaks down and can't be easily fixed at the side of the road .. lol
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

garyboy wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:36 am So .. do we want an unreliable bike that's always breaking down, but easy to fix ... or a very reliable modern bike that 'never' breaks down and can't be easily fixed at the side of the road .. lol
Is that with or without the rose tinted glasses on?

Reliable for me, which makes modern probably more logical.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

With the benefit of hindsight, I wonder if some of the problems with the OP's Interceptor might have been caused by the first repair?

Thinking the 'bad earth'...did they just fail to do the battery earth up properly again after disconnecting it to work on the electrics?
blue bus

Post by blue bus »

when i had the problem with the earth the bike lost all power no electrics ,the other problems were engine light on and misting of the clocks so i dont know
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Don't forget the things that are irrelevant of build year.
You can still get a puncture.
Your chain can still snap.
You could still break a cable/ lever/ pedal
etc, etc
bowber

Post by bowber »

qcnr wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:55 pm Don't forget the things that are irrelevant of build year.
You can still get a puncture.
Your chain can still snap.
You could still break a cable/ lever/ pedal
etc, etc
Puncture yes, the rest are just poor maintenance, I've never had a good quality chain in reasonable condition snap, same with cables.
Yes I've bent and broken plenty of levers though 😄
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

blue bus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 pm May 2021 brand new Royal Enfield interceptor

am i being petty would had thought that was a safety aspect
i asked if the would buy it back i paid £4000 +£2000p/x offered £3000
Smalley Cross Derby

just wondering what you got in the end for it ..them robbing t##ts marking you down 3 grand in 7 months ..on top of a crap bike ....you really want to plaster that tale all over biking social media ..post on their wall too ..feckin hate dealers
bought a kawasaki woth 14 miles on the clock ..after i ran it in i detected a front balence problem as speeds went over 80mph so called in on the way back from wales
told the service guy what the problem was ..... i then got the full..and i mean full :shock: lecture off a service guy who told me cos id done the first oil change meself os they were closed over xmas .the bike would explode and the wheels would come off ..and if the wheel was not out of balence it would be 70 punds a hour ....only proffesionals should undertake such a service blah blah b;ah

i then said to him the throttle fee play was 6/7mm on the test ride and mentioned ..and still /6 7mm on collection ..the rear brake light did not illuminate cos the switch was incoorctly adjusted ...so which particular service proffesional .. did the pdi on my bike ? ..oh right bring it in next wednsday and we will sort it ......i told him id already done it ....... you can see where this conversation was going

all for what turned out to be on closer look a missing wheel weight where the clip had let go /not been put on properlly ..to be fair i am happy with the bike and the price ...but as usual the dealers are a waste of space once they have you money .....
seems agreat was of generating a non return customer over waht in the end was sweet feck all if you ask me

enjoy you new bike
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “TECHNICAL”