Online shopping is it really worth it.

Got a spanner in the works? Post your motorcycle problems here.
Landsurfer

Re: Online shopping is it really worth it.

Post by Landsurfer »

I've just bought an ICE phone from ARGOS ..... camera, radio, internet, etc ... £2.98 !! really ..£2.98 .. Delivered 4 hours after i ordered it to my front door !!
Clutch and throttle cables for my Himalayan from Venhill ... 48 hours from ordering to my door ...

Online shopping ..... YES !!
Go Out. Take Risks. Live.
“ No chains shall sully thee, Thou soul of love and brav’ry “
kev.t

Post by kev.t »

mostly online shopping for me, not about saving money or not. it's more about saving time running around from A to B to C..... etc.
I do frequent my local bike shop when I know they have the parts I want.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

online all the way for me ...i remember needing head bearings for me old cr 250 ...ringing around from the old yellow pages and the only place that had some was in bolton .....posting stuff was unheard of in them days ..so a 60 mile round trip resulted in having the wrong bearings ..

sod that ...online is ace

funny thing im not a young person but find the concept of going to a shop evry old fashioned now ....
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

I'm mostly on line--and although I have a big local KTM dealer I only use it for oil, tubes etc--and they do A LOT of their business (bespoke KTM) on line. I do have good local suppliers of bearings and the like so typically buy from them for these parts--but otherwise on line(and I shop around for the best deal). A recent example is that I needed a Load apportioning valve for my 98 Scudo--Delphi part on line 58 quid, my local garage who are doing the work--same part from their suppliers 98 quid.--and they are cool as they don't have to spend time ordering etc--and I'm a regular. Also the front crossmember was rotting--no new ones available--first breakers sent a crap part--I sent back phots--instant refund. Another breakers has just delivered at 45 quid and a perfect part--in 48 hours--and its a big hunk of steel. I won't drive, use fuel, pay parking charges and so on IN THE WORKING DAY when I can order parts quickly after tea from the comfort of my home--and exchange them if necessary.

Return to “TECHNICAL”