In praise of the humble V-Strom 650 XT - UK adventures

Where you've been and what you done
adventure steele

Re: In praise of the humble V-Strom 650 XT - UK adventures

Post by adventure steele »

Thanks mate that's very interesting glad the thread has been of interest I think the V-Strom's sometimes get overlooked but are awesome bikes,

back in the day I was in the local Suzuki dealership Road an Racing before I self serviced the bikes n they told me of a Japanese rider who rode from Japan on a Vstrom 250XT and knocked on the window when they were closed n they managed to translate using google translate that he needed a new spare key n sorted it out. He'd done all sorts on that 250 riding round the world in total reliability. It's a shame Suzuki stopped them I think they are a brilliant looking bike with the round headlight Be interesting to see one crossed with a DR. Another very overlooked option the 250 Strom. That's amazing tank range on yours :) can't beat that.

I love the 650 so much I'd love to do Iceland on it but I'm also thinking of my old man handling a the Strom off road which is what's leading us towards lighter/more manageable options, it's a shame really BMW don't do a lightweight version of the r80 make it a 500 no tech on it that'd be an interesting bike.

adventure steele

Re: In praise of the humble V-Strom 650 XT - UK adventures

Post by adventure steele »

Hey everyone hope we are all well laid up with a bust shoulder (not bike related) so had some time to edit a quick video showing my new mic setup that a few were asking about on my gopro I agonised over what to get and with the Rode Mini-Fur attatched to my new mic it was tricky to find location but I think it worked out really well and was suprised with the clarity given how windy it was on the day of filming even at 70mph included some riding examples in different modes at the end and towards the beginning a few videos of how I mounted it and with the helmet on my head.

I aimed for a one mic setup that would cover my voice with clarity and clearness in the wind while also recording the sound of the bike from the riders perspective let me know what you think or where you mount your Lav Go :)

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”