Steve Ts 2021 Bikes & Rides

Where you've been and what you done
Steve T

Steve Ts 2021 Bikes & Rides

Post by Steve T »

Not done one of these for a while (wonder why), but here goes anyway.

Bike wise I’ve sold 2 machines and bought 2 machines – no surprises there then!
Started the year with the 2014 BMW F800GS. Bit of a “keeper” this one! Well I’ve had it for over two and a half years, so it must be, right?

the 2020 Honda CB500X

and the 1998 Honda XL600V Transalp.

Sold the CB500X and the Transalp within 3 days of one another and bought a 2020 Honda NC750X inbetween. Some things never change eh?

A little later in the year I bought a 1998 Honda VFR750 that had stood un-used for nearly 9 years as a bit of a retirement project! Got it sorted and back on the road within a couple of weeks.

Between all these machines I’ve racked up over 12,300 miles, with only about 1k of those over the wall – that’s one heck of a lot of big circles locally.

Highlight of the year past was making it over the wall and getting to meet up in person with the lunatics that inhabit the Big Traillie web site, most of whom are past members of the XRV website, down in the depths of Shropshire in September. An annual event held where ever in the country someone can be bothered to organise it, this was only the 4th that I’ve managed to attend over the 20 plus years that I’ve known theses nutters.

Next up only because it occurred in October, highlight wise, was the gathering of the clans of the ADV Scotland forum at Strontian. This too is an annual event and it was great to catch up with faces old and make the acquaintance of some newcomers to the ADV Scotland clan.

All in all, not too bad a year, all things considered.

Heres to a grand years riding in 2022

Steve T

8-)
Last edited by Steve T on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
mark vb

Re: Steve Ts 2021 Bikes & Rides

Post by mark vb »

Ahh yes, the xrv.org breakaway group! I recognise some of those faces but can't put any names to them... so long ago. Looks like all were having a good time 🙂 Had some good times with xrv.org, not least The Longest Day rides.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”