The past week in Spain

Where you've been and what you done
Post Reply
AlanHolt
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 347 times

The past week in Spain

Post by AlanHolt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:40 am

Hi guys

Heres a photo of the snow I encountered in central Aragon last week.

And a photo I took yesterday after the thaw.

As some of you know, i've been based in Catalonia for 6 years, but after another relationship ended abruptly on boxing day, i'm currently in Aragon enjoying a bit more freedom than if i'd stayed in Catalonia.
Attachments
139665322_1382076872132125_6204251157260870164_n.jpg
139665322_1382076872132125_6204251157260870164_n.jpg (117.01 KiB) Viewed 555 times
139632007_1732413143588217_6562033941402336916_n.jpg
139632007_1732413143588217_6562033941402336916_n.jpg (133.25 KiB) Viewed 555 times
138214970_10222770066138887_1753643719666788606_o.jpg
138214970_10222770066138887_1753643719666788606_o.jpg (66.81 KiB) Viewed 555 times

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
PHILinFRANCE
Posts: 5950
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 am
Has thanked: 3239 times
Been thanked: 1657 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by PHILinFRANCE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 am

Bloody hell Alan , you're have some shit luck mate but at least you still have a bike

Brenhden
Posts: 5909
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 923 times
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by Brenhden » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:06 am

Sorry to hear that mate, I guess it's not just me thats had a decade of relationship chaos. Aragon is a lovely place, there was a great HISS there a few years back.

Great photos, how is the KTM640?
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Honda XR125.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Flipflop
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by Flipflop » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 pm

Brenhden wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:06 am
Sorry to hear that mate, I guess it's not just me thats had a decade of relationship chaos. Aragon is a lovely place, there was a great HISS there a few years back.
It’s a place I’d like to live.
Sorry about the breakup - Christmas and Covid are not a good combination.

Keep posting pictures of your rides please

AlanHolt
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 347 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by AlanHolt » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:57 pm

Thank guys. The KTM is great. Not sure if I mentioned I had the engine rebuilt in September 2019 at 38k, and its just perfect. Starts first push of the button, or 1st kick if the battery is low. On the road or trail, it does what I need it to. Its going to be a difficult bike to replace.

The relationship, well i can't get my head around it. Our suspicion is she is aspergers and we couldn't tell. Everything was perfect for a year, then exactly a year to the day (5th December) that we met, she said she was leaving in 3 weeks time, but she wanted me to join her for Christmas. So for 3 weeks, we carried on as we were, knowing it had an end date. She couldn't see I was upset or hurt by it, and on the 26th she suggested I leave knowing we would never see each other again. So I moved into this house as its been offered to me for free, and she then contacts all my friends in this town and chats to them, has told them how its all my fault etc, etc. So i'm trapped at the mo, with friends nearby who now chat to my ex more than me, and unsure what to do next.

johnnyboxer
Posts: 7445
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by johnnyboxer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

AlanHolt wrote:Thank guys. The KTM is great.


The relationship, well i can't get my head around it. Our suspicion is she is aspergers and we couldn't tell. Everything was perfect for a year, then exactly a year to the day (5th December) that we met, she said she was leaving in 3 weeks time, but she wanted me to join her for Christmas. So for 3 weeks, we carried on as we were, knowing it had an end date. She couldn't see I was upset or hurt by it, and on the 26th she suggested I leave knowing we would never see each other again. So I moved into this house as its been offered to me for free, and she then contacts all my friends in this town and chats to them, has told them how its all my fault etc, etc. So i'm trapped at the mo, with friends nearby who now chat to my ex more than me, and unsure what to do next.
Women eh ?

Some are just plain weird and she sounds a fruitloop
We buy things we don't need



With money we don't have



To impress people we don't even like

AlanHolt
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 347 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by AlanHolt » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:34 pm

johnnyboxer wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm
AlanHolt wrote:Thank guys. The KTM is great.


The relationship, well i can't get my head around it. Our suspicion is she is aspergers and we couldn't tell. Everything was perfect for a year, then exactly a year to the day (5th December) that we met, she said she was leaving in 3 weeks time, but she wanted me to join her for Christmas. So for 3 weeks, we carried on as we were, knowing it had an end date. She couldn't see I was upset or hurt by it, and on the 26th she suggested I leave knowing we would never see each other again. So I moved into this house as its been offered to me for free, and she then contacts all my friends in this town and chats to them, has told them how its all my fault etc, etc. So i'm trapped at the mo, with friends nearby who now chat to my ex more than me, and unsure what to do next.
Women eh ?

Some are just plain weird and she sounds a fruitloop
Yes, lovely women for the first 364 days, then changed into something I will never recognise. Hey-ho, onwards and upwards.

Flipflop
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by Flipflop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:03 am

Mental health issues are not exclusive to women :roll:
The problem with aspergers is that it IS difficult to detect if it’s not too high on the sliding scale - unfortunately it can have a devastating effect.
You’ve sussed it out early on, so you know it’s not personal (or her fault) so you can move on - down the road or trail on a very nice KTM..
See what I did there :D

Richard Simpson Mark II
Posts: 2130
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 817 times
Been thanked: 1070 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

It's a sad fact that many women who are single in later life are single for a reason....

I'm sure my wife would say the same about men.

We are both just so lucky that we knew each other from a long time ago. As I said to one of Kate's daughters: "If we could love each other as grumpy, awkward teenagers, it's very easy for us to love each other now."

Flipflop
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:11 pm
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: The past week in Spain

Post by Flipflop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am
It's a sad fact that many women who are single in later life are single for a reason
Ah the ‘bunny boiler’ stereo type, a descendant of Eve I believe.
I find it so sad that the civilised world still believes and perpetuates simple lies that are designed to divide and rule. The tactic has been employed for at least as long as written history, around 2000 years I believe. And still the likes of Trump are believed.

Post Reply

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 119 guests