1967 Norton 650SS Winter Adventures

Where you've been and what you done
adventure steele

Re: 1967 Norton 650SS Winter Adventures

Post by adventure steele »

Thanks Dave yeah they are meant to be ridden that's for sure. Did the resto myself an painted her as well :) it's nice to be able to enjoy riding without worrying about marking a 1000 quid paint job that's for sure. Actually been really tough as well finish wise considering it was all rattle cans. I'm amazed tbh just how well shes stood up to some horrific weather conditions. Much better than some high end adv bikes I've had.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

adventure steele wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 pm Thanks Dave yeah they are meant to be ridden that's for sure. Did the resto myself an painted her as well :) it's nice to be able to enjoy riding without worrying about marking a 1000 quid paint job that's for sure. Actually been really tough as well finish wise considering it was all rattle cans. I'm amazed tbh just how well shes stood up to some horrific weather conditions. Much better than some high end adv bikes I've had.
Well I think it looks great. Sounds good too, when you get the revs up a bit. I've never ridden a bike with a drum front brake - is it as awful as I imagine ?
adventure steele

indeed the really do roar in the foggy video I opened her up to 6k or so :)

The drum brake is brilliant to be honest that's a brand new twin leading shoe from a Commando stops better than a lot of modern bikes I've ridden I prefer the immediate response of them.
adventure steele

Yesterdays ride on the Norton 650SS had a wander out down the leafy lanes of Cheshire out to Prestbury. Going to be focusing on workshop stuff now I'm in tier 3. Plan is to get the 68 Commando bottom end together by Sunday evening.

Tomorrow will be spent cleaning and re cleaning components tomorrow, previous owner left glass media in the cylinder head on the Commando. Once she's sorted it'll be back on with the WW2 Norton.

Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:48 pm Yeah, that's a lovely bike. Great to see it being used properly, not just polished and trailer-ed about.
I fully agree with the above sentiments, lovely bike being used what more can be said.

...however

Nearly 40 photos of the same bike!

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
adventure steele

Thanks for the reply.

Well the title of the thread is Norton 650SS Adventures what can I say I like taking pictures of my bike haha don't forget this started last year so few pics while I'm out on the bike with my mobile each time add up :) The video's show the rides n the places I stop more than the photo's do.

Hoping to take a proper camera out with me once this Lockdown ends an I've got my rear rack back on :D

If you guys wanted I could always stick a thread up on my 1968 Norton Commando Resto would take a bit to copy it all over but if you all fancied it I would do in the bikes section maybe.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”