A wee bit further north . . .

Where you've been and what you done
Slowboy

Re: A wee bit further north . . .

Post by Slowboy »

Nice ride and great photos. Bit far for a day out from down here sadly (I live near Dartmouth in Devon) hopefully there will be some time next year when I can make it. Those photos will give me some inspiration in the meantime. Thanks
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Great pics, and cracking ride report.....you do live in beautiful part of the world.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hello

Lovely photos

What is the current mood up that way please?

Are things opening up that way? Places to stay etc?

Planning to go somewhere in late August and this area is definitely among the potential destinations

Cheers
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Monster wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 pm What is the current mood up that way please?

Are things opening up that way? Places to stay etc?
I'm in a holiday home in Ardmair right now, the first occupants since March. Travelled across from Aberdeen last weekend.

Variable opening of businesses, Ones which are part of a group more likely to be open than those who aren't. Nowhere near as many tourists as usual, and not many bikes on the NC500 which passes the front door. Very variable opening of tourist destinations, the museum in Ullapool for example isn't open until August.

Campervan / camping site just near to the house is fairly full, campervans area more so than the campers. Weather has been showery most of the time and max temperatures of mid teens degrees C.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

At the moment both the Ullapool and Durness campsites are only open to camper vans (somethingto do with the need for self-contained washing & toilet facilities cos shared facilities are Sooo much hastle . . . apparently). The one at Ardmair, just north of Ullapool, is taking tents users, hence it's fullness.

Only time will tell whats going to be open by the time you plan on doing your trip. That and whatever sh1te wee Jimmy down in Edinburgh decides is "best" for us.

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”