crfrally 300rally wr450 690adv t7 yam africa twin retired derbyshire lanes

Post by minkyhead »

interesting day out
no music just chat and track .....

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
catcitrus

Re: crfrally 300rally wr450 690adv t7 yam africa twin retired derbyshire lanes

Post by catcitrus »

that was rocky!!--and david's stock rally went through it all--I'm hoping that the bashplate is still there--but probably well battle scared by now!. The T7 looks impressive--and have they changed the mapping/fuelling to give it more torque as it came from the MT07 road bike (rev oriented).
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

was impessive chris good rider though .... daves gone more mental than me 48mm kybs on his rally :shock: they do ride plush as feck now though 8-) 8-)
keep well
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

catcitrus wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:35 pm The T7 looks impressive--and have they changed the mapping/fuelling to give it more torque as it came from the MT07 road bike (rev oriented).
I've not ridden a T7 yet and don't know if they have remapped the engine but I don't find the MT07 to be rev oriented bike at all, infact I said 4 years ago that the engine would make a great dual sport bike IF you could get the ground clearance.
Bearing in mind that I am the best part of 16 stone I find the MT has very linear torque low down (which is where you need the traction/grip) without a hint of bogging down or the dreaded cough/stall. Yes in a road situation you get more power above 6k revs but it is very linear with no big power hit, a sports bike rider would find it quite boring but on the dirt or rocks you just wouldn't want to rev it that much. The engine will happily pull from 20mph in top gear on the road without coughing or shaking itself to bits.
Having said that, just like riding a big single on dirt you could soon exceed the grip level of the rear tyre if you wanted to.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”