My Little Adventure

Where you've been and what you done
bond_yzf

My Little Adventure

Post by bond_yzf »

Well i spent yesterday looking at buying an arai tour x3 but couldnt justify spending near on £400 on another lid,so after hours of trying to find the best price for an tour x3 on interweb i stumbled across one on gumtree brand new never worn and a bargain price of £125 :woohoo: only prob was it was in newcastle and im in northampton and this was at 6.00pm yesterday.

So i thought what the hell i need a ride-out anyways so after 440 miles in total i got back at 3.00 am this morning completely knackered but happy as a pig in s**t and above all else the xt660z is a more than capable at long distances it has really got into my soul this bike i love the thing to bits :kiss:

anyways not a massive adventure but thought id share it as these spur of the moment rides are whats makes adventure riding for me special either that or im special :laugh:
Lairyskippy

Re: My Little Adventure

Post by Lairyskippy »

bond_yzf wrote:Well i spent yesterday looking at buying an arai tour x3 but couldnt justify spending near on £400 on another lid,so after hours of trying to find the best price for an tour x3 on interweb i stumbled across one on gumtree brand new never worn and a bargain price of £125 :woohoo: only prob was it was in newcastle and im in northampton and this was at 6.00pm yesterday.

So i thought what the hell i need a ride-out anyways so after 440 miles in total i got back at 3.00 am this morning completely knackered but happy as a pig in s**t and above all else the xt660z is a more than capable at long distances it has really got into my soul this bike i love the thing to bits :kiss:

anyways not a massive adventure but thought id share it as these spur of the moment rides are whats makes adventure riding for me special either that or im special :laugh:
Absolutely agree on the Tenere, had one that took me all over the place including several trips to ride the trails around France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. Only problem I had was the rectifier thing which gave up after about 7,500 miles but apart from that it was spot on! ;)
dash

Post by dash »

Good work. Glad the bike is growing on you too.
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

i think the xt really does hold its own in the adventure bike class,i was a little worried before i actually bought it that it was maybe trying to be something that it wasnt but that thought has completly gone :)

one thing i will say tho is the headlight projection is pants will need to experiment with that

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”